1. Hi there.
    I am wanting to start making a few mods for my server.
    My first interest is with the current interaction wheel that comes up with you hold E on things.
    I tried looking for that in the OxideAPI but probably overlooked it.
    So I just wanted to ask, how do I call it when someone opens it, and how to add something extra to the wheel.

I want to add an extra feature to keylocks and keypads.
    Even if you point me to the area the information is stored I would be happy

Thanks

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's no way to add more options to existing UI elements, but you can create custom UI that overlaps.

3. Ah ok, so addons that add an extra feature (eg hammer) are removing the old wheel and replacing it with another one.
    Would there be any information regards to that on oxideapi?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That or they aren't changing it at all. The Rust CUI is what you'd look for, which there are threads about.

5. Ok thanks, glad I know what im looking for :).
    Currently I am going to make a kind of lockpicking mod :)

6. I tried it also with the building plan which actually has a list of items. Editing it did result in nothing.

7. ah that sucks, I wanted to add lockpicking into the circle, looks like ill just have to make it a chat command.
    Thanks though.

8. Well as wulf said. You can use OnPlayerInput and Raycast to detect clicking on a door for example and then add an extra UI with the option you'd like to provide.

9. Sounds very interesting but sadly mostly went over my head, I think ill start with getting a working mod that uses comands and then work on adding UI :)
    Im sure you and Wulf will be hearing from me in the future as you both are great and respectable Devs :)

10. Sure, you can always start simple and later go advanced. Example BetterChat :p started as crappy "Namecolors"

11. Hey @LaserHydra
    Just wanted to know, would you know of any good way to do a cooldown timer?
    if you have any recommendations that would help :)

12. Either using DateTime / TimeSpan or having an int value with the remaining seconds and a timer which counts it down every second. If the number is above 0 it is still in cooldown.

13. Cheers, I will do some research about thos two functions DateTime / TimeSpan.

14. these are classes of the system, not functions.
    See: DateTime Structure (System)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  15. Thanks, sorry was typing to fast, and not thinking hehe.
    I will indeed have a read.