--- layout: forums title: 'LustyMap | Page 189' breadcrumbs: - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

LustyMap

In-game map and minimap GUI

Total Downloads: 50,506 - First Release: Sep 8, 2015 - Last Update: Dec 29, 2017

5/5, 163 likes
  1. Custom map just goes in /data/lustymap whereas any of your custom icons you may use with /marker go in the /data/lustymap/custom folder

2. lol @Corrosive. that's exactly where I had it, just luck I guess. never checked the box cause I didn't know .. works great tho and seems to respond a hundred times quicker

3. I tried removing everything and doing it all manually with custom map, all worked great until a player got kicked due to the "RPC Error in CL_ReceiveFilePng", then others started to get kicked also... I'm outta options to try atm, anyone happen to had any luck with bypassing/fixing the rpc error?

4. the rpc error is caused by the "use complex map " being checked. its checked by default so you will want to uncgheck that. then reload the plugin and that issue should be gone

5. I tried this. Didn't work. The issue was/is that some players get black map (mini and big) and for others some parts of the minimap don't work while big map works just fine... I did every single step here. Everything related to LustyMap was removed. I use a custom map that is 1,47MB .jpg file. Used to work without any issues. Also if I disable Complex Map it works just fine.

Tried to remove everything inside \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Rust\storage folder since someone pointed out this might help but now my map stays black. Even the big map. Not going to suggest this to our players.

Considering so many have broken maps atm there has to be something wrong with the code. Not that this adds any value to my post but I'm going to wait until the next forced wipe and if LustyMap still acts up I give up. Good idea certainly but causes too much trouble as it is.

Edit:
    Step 1 removes more than just art created with /sil. All the signs were wiped after this so that's something you should consider mentioning. Not a big deal but annoying.

Now I can't even update my map picture anymore. It's the same old pic or black for everyone - Complex Map enabled or not.. I'm uninstalling this plugin until someone bothers to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  6. @Wulf is there any chance you or one of the guys could have a look the issues we're all having? We've been waiting 2 weeks for a fix from @k1lly0u and so far haven't even had an acknowledgement from him that he's looking into it.

7. Is there a way to disable the minimap as a player ?

8. You can press <<< to hide it but don't know if you can disable it.

9. i second @Corrosive 's request @Wulf.. pleeeeeeese , this is an all round desperate time for this plugin

10. So my fix for getting round the black map issue I faced after a server restart today, was to clear storage folder, quit the game and log back into the server, then quit and log back in again.

I've noticed this issue seems to be similar to what used to happen when they changed how the storage worked, where it would get screwed up after a server restart. given that most of us restart at least once a day I can see why it keeps creeping up, however last time this happened the plugin got an update and it wasn't an issue any more. Just hoping one of the devs can see if they can track down the issue and eradicate it.

11. Make Lusty Map Great Again!

12. ^^^^^^^^ please fix

13. Yeah have to admit it I've tried every fix I can think of and for the life of me I cannot get it to work in custom map or complex map, yet I can see it is getting the images from Beancan in complex yet not showing for clients.
    So I concur if someone can step in and fix the plugin that would be great even if it is a temporary fix.

14. the latest update seems to have screwed up almost every mod in some way.
    It may be something with the newer unity version or the base game coding might have changed.
    In other games the devs release a dev pack to the mod developers along with the update so the mods can be redone if needed.

15. @k1lly0u Is there something that can be changed to make this work again? It seems that a huge portion of players have black maps currently, even with the unofficial fixes :/

16. I typed "resetmap" in rcon, waited the however many minutes it took for it to generate the images it reset, then reloaded the CS file and it fixed it for the players that were online.

I didn't have to delete any files or anything else. This is all I did and it fixed the problem.

17. i am having the same issue on my server too with the memory leak with lusty map
    @Killyou Dont give a shit about us unless we fill his pockets. bet

18. I only restart after for patches/after bugs and i'm pretty sure it's related to the restart. Everytime I restart I had success with deleting ../oxide/plugin/LustyMap.cs, ../oxide/config/LustyMap.json and everything in ../oxide/data/LustyMap. Afterwards I download the necessary icon. Install the plugin and run it with default setting. Put in my beancan API-key und set ComplexMap to false to avoid RPC-Error. Then I reload LustyMap several times and the map will be there for the "black-map-guys" after a relogg. Worked 3 out of 4 times. The one time it didn't worked I just repeated the process and profit.

19. i am not sure if i trust someone who is not a dev telling me how to fix some thing
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487210051][/DOUBLEPOST]i have someone rewriting the plugin so you dont have to do all these crazy fixes