1. Hi :D
    I have a question:
    When do you release plugins for Reign of Kings?
    I mean, when are you finished?

regards,

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

When someone makes some for it. ;)

There aren't really any useful hooks for plugins to use yet.

3. we dont really have a community of plugin devs that play RoK so it also doesnt help ^^

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They'll come, it's just not that usable yet.

5. Hey! We are a community and we do already have people looking into how to make plugins etc. But this will be community plugins and won't be open for everyone.

Benji

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This isn't really related to this thread, and sounds more like an advertisement.

7. Basicly, i'm just saying in a way that yes, there will be plugins but they are not going to be given around. Aswell im not saying the communnity name in any ways, but I can deleted the post if you feel it like advertisements

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Advertising your own server and private plugins doesn't really help the original poster. ;)

9. I am really interested in this game, so I will probably be jumping into the RoK boat for plugin development soon. (Once real life events start to lighten up). I hope too anyway.

10. Hmm thats a good thing to know Kill....Ill be hosting soon and will be waiting for those to be released.

11. As Wulf said there aren't any useful hooks for developers to use yet.

Right now it can detect simple things like when the server starts, when a player joins etc.
    But it's got nothing like detecting placement of blocks etc.

I would love to code plugins for this because Reign of Kings servers at the moment need it. They are empty and dull. A server with advanced functionality which plugins can provide would be a massive boost for the popularity of the game/community.

I have looked into the source code aswell but being new to oxide I'm unsure of the process it takes of implementing new hooks, let alone passing parameters to them. I'm guessings its using a type of background listener which injects into the servers code. Thats just a guess though.

12. Wasn't even doing that much ;) An initial hooks commit was made yesterday adding a few basic hooks so far, but more still has to be done.

13. A Plugin to see the names above players (for all players)
    or to see in chat a message if someone killed a player.
    This would be cool but i have realy no clue if it already works now.

14. To see the name above players is something that probably can't be done with a plugin. The kill messages is something that can be done soon once I finish the wrappers for the internal hooks.

15. ThereĀ“s a easy way to have the names above players is to enable the command /shownametags to everybody on the permissions file! ^^

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'll start seeing plugins soon now that we have useful hooks added. ;)