Wanted For Murder

Players can punish unwanted PvP.

Total Downloads: 1,029 - First Release: Aug 1, 2016 - Last Update: Sep 23, 2016

5/5, 5 likes
  1. Raptor007 submitted a new resource:

Wanted For Murder - Players can punish unwanted PvP.

Read more about this resource...

2. Raptor007 updated Wanted For Murder with a new update entry:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  3. Ohhhh nice one, would be great if it would support ZoneManager so the "Murderer" brand can be used in zones like pve or something similiar, also would be nice to add betterchat support so a Murderer can have a prefix before his name "Murderer" so everybody knows whos the bad guy ;+)

4. hiya, could this be edited so that you can ONLY kill a player if they are within your cupboard radius? so its pve out in the open? would this need or effect zone manager? or true pve? thankyou

5. Raptor007 updated Wanted For Murder with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1472075936][/DOUBLEPOST]
    These are good ideas, and I'll look into adding optional tie-ins with other plugins like this, but I also want to make sure WantedForMurder can run stand-alone.

The only way to kill without being branded a murderer is if they're in your cupboard space. If you kill out in the open, you can be punished for it.

WantedForMurder doesn't prevent damage, it just creates a punish/forgive system for PVP. If you want to disable PVP damage, I think TruePVE can do it.

6. Raptor007 updated Wanted For Murder with a new update entry:

7. thank you, is there an option to auto tag murderers instead of /punish done by players?

8. Not if both players are awake, but it will automatically tag murderers if they kill someone sleeping.

I could pretty easily add an option to do this for awake victims too, but keep in mind that as soon as someone is branded a murderer, their sleeping bags and beds immediately disappear. Typing /forgive doesn't bring those back. So I think it makes more sense to wait until the victim types /punish if they're awake.

9. i see thank you, what i was looking at was the situation of a pvp server but people being only able to kill when defending their base (ie in their own TC radius) so no kos but raiding still viable. a kinda of farmer safe zone lol hence the auto tag question, would it be possible to add that option? auto tag on/off??

10. Raptor007 updated Wanted For Murder with a new update entry:

11. Code:
    [Oxide] 18:24 [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'WantedForMurder v1.0.6' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 18:24 [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.WantedForMurder.OnEntityDeath (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.WantedForMurder.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    > unload WantedForMurder

12. Huh, it's not clear what reference it's saying is null. I can try adding a check for (entity != null) to see if it helps, but it almost sounds like the OnEntityDeath function pointer itself is null, which doesn't make sense to me.

When did this error occur? Was it when a player died, an animal died, an object was destroyed, the plugin was loaded, or some other time? Were you able to reload the plugin after it failed (by removing it and putting it back)? I want to help fix this, but I'm not seeing this error on my server. Thanks!

13. Hello Raptor, here is the only thing I can find from my server logs. I do not know anything else, whether or not the player was punished, forgiven etc. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Code:
    [09/15/2016 18:24:01] [Oxide] 18:24 [Debug]  at Oxide.Plugins.WantedForMurder.OnEntityTakeDamage (.BaseCombatEntity entity, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.WantedForMurder.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2016
  14. Raptor007 updated Wanted For Murder with a new update entry:

15. I have some questions:

Can I change the reward, like tha amount economics used?
    Can I make a price to punish someone?
    Can I make a minimun times to be punished before you are wanted? ( after 3 punish, you will become wanted )
    Can I make them show on the map?

16. My plugin is really just meant to discourage random player killing. If you want to grant rewards or charge a price to make someone wanted, that sounds more like a bounty system: Bounty Board for Rust | Oxide

You can't currently set a minimum times punished before being marked wanted, but that sounds like it could be a useful feature. I will consider adding it in future. Thanks!

17. Great plugin, but why does it say "Somebody is wanted for killing Somebody" instead of the names? Someone killed a sleeper and it auto added him to the Wanted list fine, and gave the names correctly... but when anyone logs in (or types /wanted) the message just says "Somebody" is wanted (in red as if its a name).

18. It sounds like my code for looking up player names got broken in one of the Rust updates. I'll look into that. Thanks!

19. Right on, thanks!

20. Hi. Is it possible to add the ability that if a person murders somone that he will automaticaly go to prison after a set time or voted by others. Every voter will add a time eg 100 sec to the prison time. The Jail mod could help getting this up and running. Thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488186226][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi. Is it possible to add the ability that if a person murders somone that he will automaticaly go to prison after a set time or voted by others. Every voter will add a time eg 100 sec to the prison time. The wanted for murder mod could help getting this up and running. Thanks

Other items like: Automated pardon after a jail sentence.
    Automated reduced sentence settable for raiding within a another players cupboard area.
    Payable bail settable cost to reduce sentence or get out if full amount can be paid.
    Increased jail centence for repeat offenders.
    Free for all settable time challenges where everyone can kill , raid, without a sentence.
    Thanks