1. Someone managed to set records (DNS SRV) after hurtworld or rust?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The client would have to support it, which they don't as far as I know.

3. Hey, I was wondering what the SRV Service and Protocol were for the DNS? Just so I didn't have to have my domain then a port.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The client does not support SRV records.

5. Actually SRV records work :)

First things first you need to create an A record
    1. [​IMG]

Second you can add the SRV record info now :)
    1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

The client may not support SRV records but honestly that obviously does not matter ;) if anyone needs support for this topic inbox me.

If you lack knowledge, never stop digging eventually you will find your treasure!

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I think you're missing the point of what an SRV record is. The point of an SRV record is to so that the user's client doesn't have to enter a port to connect. With the client not supporting that, you'll always have to enter the port if it's not the default port. Adding an SRV record like you are doing for the default port is simply making your domain an alias for that IP, which is the same as doing via A record.

So simply put, your steps are the same as adding an A record. If you do not enter a port on the client, it will assume the server is at the IP that resolves at that domain name and the default port, which will be whatever server is on that default port every time despite the domain name.

7. Is their one for rust?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Is there one what?

9. Sorry I mean is there a way to setup an SRV Record for a Rust Server?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The client doesn't support it, so there wouldn't be a point to use them.

11. ok thanks Wulf for the assistance :) And thanks for your great work :p

12. The client does not support SRV records so you would have to specify ports, server.mydomain.com:28015 instead of being server.mydomain.com or server2.mydomain.com. I hope they add support some time in the future.