1. Dav

Dav

Hello. I have made my rust with oxide server using ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I go to F1 and type client.connect 0.0.0.0:28015 [Just to let you know the zeros are there so you don't know my machine ip]
    https://i.imgur.com/wiDROe0.png
    I have my rcon password setup and everything. not sure why this isn't working the server says its online.

2. Have you forwarded/opened ports?

3. You need to open some ports, either on the machine itself (iptables) or a control panel of your provider running a firewall on network level

4. Dav

Dav

Do I need to port forward on a machine like that?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1529591266][/DOUBLEPOST]If so How do you it? I'm kinda new to this stuff
    [DOUBLEPOST=1529591627][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm also using Rcon tool RCON:IO and I can connect to it fine

5. Maybe TCP is not being blocked, but UDP is. Where do you host the server?

Gameserver (standard 28015) is UDP
    Rcon (standard 28016) is TCP

6. Dav

Dav

Dallas Tx

7. Dav

Dav

Hello? Can I please have help?

8. Are you hosting from your home PC or renting a host?

9. Dav

Dav

Renting one
    [DOUBLEPOST=1529611915][/DOUBLEPOST]I just switched the ports around for Rcon to be 28015 and game to be 28016 still does not work to join. But I can still use the rcon thing

10. You need to talk to your host they seem to be blocking it

11. Dav

Dav

28105 works on rcon though

12. 28016 is being blocked and is the correct rcon port you need to talk to your support

13. Dav

Dav

but 28016 also works for rcon I just cant connect to the server

14. You still need to talk to support there is nothing anyone here can do

15. Dav

Dav

I already did. they said. Hello sir ports are not UDP/TCP specific, while you can block certain protocols on ports, they are not specified to a protocol.

16. What host are you with

17. Dav

Dav

Fallout-hosting

18. delete

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2018
  19. You don't need to open ports on Ubuntu, by default the firewall is off. It's most likely NFO blocking the port.

20. Dav

Dav

How would I unblock the NFO port then?