1. When i am starting my rust server i get this issue in my cmd console:

TypeLoadException: Invalid type ServerMgr for instance field Bootstrap+<StartServer>c__Iterator2:<serverMgr>__0

Help! Thanks in advance.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your server is running mixed versions of Rust, likely from not being fully updated or installing a build of Oxide (which includes patched Rust files) not intended for the version of Rust you are running on the server.

3. I continually get these two errors:

"ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown"
    says that twice in red, then finally

"TypeLoadException: Invalid type ServerMgr for instance field Boostrap+<StartServer>cIterator2:<serverMgr>0"

At the very end, and nothing after that. Stops all processes. Has anyone seen this before? I looked through other forums, found something LIKE that around 2015 in regards to Oxide not being updated. Here's the thing - this started on our Community Server when Timed Execute did a global.restart command @ 3AM. When I noticed the server wasn't online when I got up for work, I downloaded Oxide again (just in case) and wrote over the old files, then logged in anonymously and checked the application - it was up to date. No clue how this started, but when I deleted everything and started from scratch, the server ran fine in vanilla no oxide. Tried putting a second freshly downloaded Oxide into it, same errors. That's why I asked on the announcement page if that was causing the issue.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please see my above reply regarding this. Also, where are you downloading Oxide from?

5. uMod - Games - Rust and I click on "latest version."

But again, I wiped the server clean completely of any Rust - started from scratch by using SteamCMD to download and update it, (booted up without a hitch) downloaded Oxide again from the website, and over-wrote the files you're supposed to. Again, it ran into this error.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I just downloaded the build and tested and was unable to reproduce the issue. I've only seen this issue around 3 times in the past week, so I can only assume that old files are still being used somehow. The builds we provide are updated to the latest release version of each game, so for Rust, August 10th was the last Rust update release.

7. Okay sir, thank you much. Also, the config for system boot say the .bat file that starts the server wouldn't have anything to do with that, correct?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, the error is an indication that Rust DLLs are being mixed, nothing to do with how the server starts. You can try downloading directly from OxideMod/Oxide.Rust to see if that resolves it for you, but those are the same builds that we redirect from at umod.org.

9. Thank you for doing that - and I just did the same on a PC that never had SteamCMD, worked like a charm with Oxide. Appreciate your time.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

So all good now?

11. Sorry, was editing all the plugins - there was a few more I forgot about like BetterChat, CraftingBlocker - we are all good. That worked beautifully. Not sure why it wasn't loading properly, but I removed SteamCMD that time too and quite literally started from nothing. That corrected it. Hopefully if someone runs into that issue, they get the code I posted earlier or Jimmy Neutron's, and get directed here.

Thank you Wulf! Truly appreciate the timely response - no idea how you do it.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like SteamCMD was caching old files.