1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GFFinest

GFFinest Scavenger

2. Robo3232

Robo3232 Naked Wanderer

Yep same here, im sure Wulf will update soon :)

3. Udumbara

Udumbara Naked Wanderer

My server has been down for almost 24 hours waiting for this update ... this is my first time at the show. How long does it usually take? I'm paying to have the game hosted and they simply say, "It's out of our hands."

4. Udumbara

Udumbara Naked Wanderer

Apologies @Wulf ... I didn't understand how this process worked and why it was linked to my GTXGamer hosting service. They ran me in loops all day trying to fix my "problem" when there wasn't even a problem. They offer no information about how server-side updates affect their clients' ability to play the game and simply pass the buck onto you. Appreciate your work on this.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Working on it now. I've got a few outstanding issues to resolve before release, so will post when it's ready and available.

6. Spectre 6

Spectre 6 Naked Wanderer

They did the same to me as well until I told them to cancel my service and give me a refund. Only then did they tell me it was an external problem and sent me here. The Customer service there is terrible.

7. Wulf

We don't make the dedicated server, you can still run the dedicated server without Oxide. We are here on a volunteer basis though, so updating Oxide for a game depends on when someone (usually me) is around to update for it.

8. rxtxr

rxtxr Naked Wanderer

Hey Wulf, thanks for your work! I´m really appreciating it. For the time i´m using oxide, i´ll pledge the same ammount as i´m paying for my forest game server to your patreon account.
    ...The customer service at gtx is really not that helping. The oxide integration is not that convenient over there - through the admin panel, there is no easy way to say wich release of oxide is installed, you can update from an unknown version to an unknown version. after that, you can update again. and again.

edit: do you have a patreon account?

9. Spectre 6

Spectre 6 Naked Wanderer

I get ya Wulf.....been a long standing Rust Admin and am grateful for your contributions. No blame on you bud, I only wish I could buy ya a beer for putting up with this crap.

10. Robo3232

Robo3232 Naked Wanderer

I just wish the forest devs would listen to us and move the saved folder and server.cfg file to the main directory by default

11. Wulf

Fixed some important issues on our end, should be good for now: Release build changelog

Only real issue currently is message sending from Oxide having the message shown as the prefix and message itself, but that's something the game's developers would most likely need to fix due to a check being done on the client that is making the message the prefix too.

12. rxtxr

rxtxr Naked Wanderer

I don't get the update to work @gtxgaming. Spectre and udumbara - do you get your server to update?

13. Wulf

Forgot to update the only link that your host likely uses; should be good now if you try to re-install it.

rxtxr likes this.
  14. Spectre 6

Spectre 6 Naked Wanderer

It's working now after that link update I suppose.

these are the steps I used to get it up:

Deleted the steamapps folder and re-ran the steam update.
    uninstalled Oxide, then reinstalled it from Mod Manager.
    deleted the server.cfg, then re-saved it.
    Started the server and it's up.

15. Wulf

The only step you would have needed is installing Oxide again. Running the Steam update would automatically uninstall Oxide, the server.cfg wouldn't be changed.

16. Spectre 6

Spectre 6 Naked Wanderer

hhehehe, I wasn't taking any chances :)

17. Spectre 6

Spectre 6 Naked Wanderer

It now appears that saves are not working. I can log into the server and play, but when you save and log, all progress is lost. verified this with my players as well. logging in there is no option to continue.

18. Wulf

Oxide doesn't manage the saves or touch them at all other than changing the path where they are located.

Also just tested with a clean setup: save created when the server saved automatically after 15 minutes and made a shelter to save player's individual progress.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  19. Spectre 6

Spectre 6 Naked Wanderer

Yep.....It's working now. was a permissions issue.

20. AccidentalGenius

AccidentalGenius Naked Wanderer

Hi there. Am I correct to say there is a new update 1.06b and Oxide is not working again?

1.07 that is now...

• Fixed intermittent bug where birds looking for spots on high areas such as tree platforms or tree houses could get stuck in a loop and crash the game
    • Player survival stats (ie fullness) no longer update until loading in a game is completely over
    • ds - Added possibility to define a custom folder for saves, either add -savefolderpath <path> as command line parameter or use the "saveFolderPath" entry of the config file
    • ds - Added fps limiting options, set “targetFpsActive” and “targetFpsIdle” in the config file to define desired values when server has players or not

Last edited: May 17, 2018