1. How would you teleport a prop to a location?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You’d change their transform position and send a network update.

3. How would you do a network update?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Look in the Rust DLL for “networkupdate” using a tool such as JustDecompile, else setup IntelliSense and start typing on the entity object.

5. I am so confused. Whats IntelliSense?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It is a feature that Visual Studio projects when you have a proper project setup with DLL references where it will show you options as you type.

7. IntelliSense isn't working. I went to my object browser, click Cust Component Set, Browsed and open manage and click ctrl+A(select all), and clicked add and I also made sure IntelliSense was enabled for C# and it still not working.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you reference any of the game’s DLLs?

9. How do I do that?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Google has many tutorials and documentation on that. The main DLL you’d want for Rust is Assembly-CSharp.dll.

11. I found one but not my visual studio isn't referencing anything. I use t add thru object browser it told me to add thru references tab and it didn't do anything just make my vs get confused

12. What would just be the best way to call a network update for this because my vs hates me.
    So I have been trying to teleport a prop to a position but I don't know how to call a network update.
    Code:
    prop.transform.position = basePlayer.transform.position;

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2018