1. I am having several issues with teleportation in my servers
    Actually, players can't teleport, and they will never be able to
    BUT i would like to run some events in the arenas i am designing (and will share here)
    Problem is, the plugin i currently use, Arena - Fork, won't be updated anymore because the author is waiting to take it to the new rust enviroment (maybe in the middle of next year)
    With this plugin in it's current state, i need to mark spawnpoint using the plugin SPAWNS
    I mark the spawnpoints of the arena, save the file
    I load them in the arena plugin correctly
    But when i start the event, there are several issues with the teleportation
    Some players can't spawn or respawn in the arena foundation, in the correct spawnpoint
    They keep spawning several meters above or below the marked spawnpoint
    This makes them take serious injury from fall damage
    Or makes them fall into nothing
    I tried several different locations, even when i mark the spawn on the grass, there are problems

I made a grass arena... and a wall to prevent players leaving
    But for some reason, sometimes, the respawn would occur outside the wall.

I read some threads here, several players are reporting problems with teleportation and i notice that some players has problems even with RUSTY teleportation.

is there any solution?

@Reneb, you run a quite famous arena in your Battlefield server, and we know your arena de_dust is in the skies. Do you have any tp problems with your players?

I would really appreciate the feedback. Those events are really important for my server. Thank you all in advance.

2. i actually do not have any pb with the tp ^^
    my arena is light, doesnt have a lot of elements, so it doesnt take time to load and people usually dont fall.
    some do fall from the skies, but i made an auto detection to teleport them back when they fall (or try to get out ^^)

as for your problem i've got one or two solutions:
    1) YES grass, it's better, people dont fall into the foundations!
    2) you should put (try to look into my plugins) a "freeze" on teleportation so people don't run out while loading the arena (making them "spawn" outside the arena)
    3) you should delete your spawn file and start fresh, exept the delay between the structure loading and the spawning, i don't see another reason for them to SPAWN outside (exept maybe a spawn point that was set outside or something)
    4) you could always try to make multiple teleportations on spawn (like one on spawn and one 2-3secs later)

what i actually do on my server is:
    1st teleportation on spawn, + break there legs
    2nd teleportation 2secs later (usually the screen is still black for players)
    3rd teleportation 2secs later + heal there legs ^^
    this way i'm sure no one falls.

3. We are going to make a petition for Oxide with a thousand signatures for you to release your arena plugin :-D

I am a newbie with LUA language.

What happens, due to my previous experiences with java and magma, is that for players with lags above 190, there´s a huge chance they get teleported BEFORE the arena is loaded for them. Due to this miliseconds lag surge, they spawn on nothing. That explains why they keep spawning inside foundations.

I will try that 3 tp solution first.
    I think maybe if I freeze them for 2 seconds immediately after they spawn, that will give the time the arena needs to load, and they will spawn in the right position.
    I will give that a try.

Reneb, thank you for you feedback and your ideas.[DOUBLEPOST=1410868627][/DOUBLEPOST]Well...
    Searching for the freeze code you suggested, i found this: http://oxidemod.org/resources/teleport-topos-auto-fixer.625/
    Funny thing is that the search doesn´t show this plugin. It showed several other plugins when i typed "teleportation", but not this one.
    My bad i didn´t type "teleportation fix"...

That completely solved my teleportation problems for now.
    Thanks again to Reneb.[DOUBLEPOST=1410869117][/DOUBLEPOST]My bad... i tested the fix plugin with normal teleportation, and it worked like a charm.
    But it didn´t worked with the arena, cause the arena uses a different teleportation command.

This is the code:

function PLUGIN:TeleportPlayerToArena(netuser)
    local spawnIndex = math.random(self.ArenaData.SpawnCount)
    local spawnPoint = spawns_plugin:GetSpawnPointFromIndex(self.ArenaData.SpawnsFileID, spawnIndex)

local coords = netuser.playerClient.lastKnownPosition
    coords.x = spawnPoint.x
    coords.y = spawnPoint.y
    coords.z = spawnPoint.z
    rust.ServerManagement():TeleportPlayer(netuser.playerClient.netPlayer, coords)
    end

If i set "coords.y = spawnPoint.y " to "coords.y = spawnPoint.y + 1" that should teleport the target 1m above?[DOUBLEPOST=1410905942,1410867305][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, didn't work.
    Looks like some players don't have lag issues... but machine issues.
    We should try te FREEZE solution than...
    @Reneb can you tell me which one of your plugins has freezing? cause i couldn't manage to find

4. r-sethome has the freezing option
    as for you here is what you should put:

Code:
    function PLUGIN:TeleportPlayerToArena(netuser)
      local spawnIndex = math.random(self.ArenaData.SpawnCount)
      local spawnPoint = spawns_plugin:GetSpawnPointFromIndex(self.ArenaData.SpawnsFileID, spawnIndex)  local coords = netuser.playerClient.lastKnownPosition
      coords.x = spawnPoint.x
      coords.y = spawnPoint.y
      coords.z = spawnPoint.z
      timer.Repeat(2, 2, function()
        if(netuser and netuser.playerClient) then
        end
      end)
    end

5. Worked like a charm. Thank you.[DOUBLEPOST=1411006737,1410909901][/DOUBLEPOST]@Reneb the correction works most of time. But sometimes (several times for some players), the players respawn DEAD.
    Do you have any idea why?

6. Do they Die from fall damage ? Maybe?

7. Maybe, byt why? If they are just beeing teleported?