SmoothRestarter

Moved

Total Downloads: 5,594 - First Release: Apr 11, 2016 - Last Update: Dec 30, 2017

5/5, 22 likes
  1. Visagalis submitted a new resource:

Smooth Restarter - Shutdown/restart with timer and announcements!

Read more about this resource...

2. Please make auto restart.

3. That requires non oxide scripting.

4. OK.

Thanks for the plugin, soit will be easier to restart.

5. Hello, thanks for the plugin. Could you provide a configuration file with the option to autostart a restart timer? that would help me a lot cause i only would need one plugin instead of two for a server restart. :D

6. I'll add this feature to TODO list :)

7. Thank you. :D

Just modify your serverstart.bat file like i did
    Code:
    :start
    <server start parameters>
    goto start
    so the server automatically starts directly when it was shutting down.

8. Doea anyone know how I would I go about automatically reloading a Linux server?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Use the example .sh script that comes with Oxide, else setup a script or program to handle it.

10. Okay, I'll use the start-example as a baseline.

I have tried to find some documentation about some way to monitor the instance, is there a direction you could steer me in?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You wouldn't need anything else if you are using the .sh startup script.

12. Understood, I meant in the event of a server crash, how could I get it to restart the script?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It should handle it automatically if you started the server with it.

14. Visagalis, you are a beautiful human being for designing this plugin. I would only suggest two things:

Adding 15 minute mark and 20 minute mark notifications would be very helpful/productive for larger servers (I'm too stupid to be able to add this myself! Again, really, much credit goes out to you for making this, thank you SO much.)

Regarding the todolist, for when you add a reason available for the restart, can you make it so each notification will display the reason?
    EG: "Server will restart in 10 minute(s). Reason: Daily restart. Don't craft during the reboot!"

Honestly though, thank you for making this plugin. It's going to be very helpful. You plugin developers in this community are absolutely godsend, you make this game so much better and easier to administrate.

15. Yes, reason will be displayed to every notification.
    I'll add 20 minutes and 15 minutes notification too in a next release.

16. Can you make show countdown on the screen. top of the screen in seconds

17. How would I do this In Rcon? srestart <timer[h/m/s]>/stop
    I want to do a restart in 4 hours so would I type it like the following?

srestart timer[4/0/0] /stop

How would I actually type it? Kinda new to this so..

18. srestart 4h

19. I noticed a bug, sometimes when I'm attempting to restart for 5m it tends to freeze and never countdown to 1 minute or execute the restart command, is there a way we could check the current time left in order to debug any problems?

Again, always very thankful for the work you guys put into these plugins. Thank you so much for your dedication :) <3

EDIT: I did a restart for 10m and it also froze and never reached 5m or below, it's about 15 minutes later :3

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016