1. Hi,
    I have same problem with port 28015...
    Port 28016 is opened but 28015 is not opened...

I have port forwarding for both ports and for both TPC and UDP...
    If i try off router firewall and windows firewall sill not work :/

When i turn on server I have still close port 28015 and port 28016 is opened..
    When i turn off server both ports are closed..

I test rust server on me PC and all works fine but when i try it on friend´s server PC port 28015 is closed and i can´t connect to server.

Anyone can help me pls

Thanks & Sorry for my english but i hope you are understand me :)

2. Use a different port 28025 for example just make sure your startup has the same port.

3. Hi, thx for your reply, but i try different port but still closed...

4. port 28015 opens only when you connect to it. If the port 28016 is open - that all is ok. Try to connect.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Port 28015 is the default main server port, it should always be open. Port 28016 is the default RCON port, which doesn't matter at all unless you want to connect remotely via RCON.

What do you have +server.ip set to? If you are hosting behind a router, it should be 0.0.0.0 or not set at all.

6. Can you post some screenshots of your router settings that you have set up for your rust server

7. Other PC works fine and port opened but on this PC port still closed...

I have port forwarding 28015 and 28016 on router and reserved IP adres for this PC
    I have set +server.ip 0.0.0.0 and i try to set +server.ip 192.168.0.103 but both don´t work

I try closed all firewall windows + router and still don´t work
    I can´t connect to server and don´t see in server list (F1 and client.connect ip:28015 I try too)

upload_2016-4-14_23-35-23.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  8. As you only have your internal ip there only you will be able to connect to the server
    This is mine rust.jpg
    Might be just windows firewall blocking it for you

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  9. i try off windows firewall and router too

10. if you turn off the router then how you meant to connect to the internet lol

11. router firewall :)

12. Hi,
    I have still same problem with port 28015

I can´t connect to rust server but i can connect with rcon with public ip and connect to server with private ip..
    Ports are forwarding correct... 28015 UDP and 28016 TPC

If i closed router and windows firewall i can´t connect... with public IP.
    If I test opening ports on website: 28015 closed and 28016 opened.

Bat file set correctly and i try reinstal steamcmd and rust server too and still closed.

Please anyone can help me,
    thx a lot
    [DOUBLEPOST=1461056236,1461047510][/DOUBLEPOST]It is possible problem RAM Memmory?
    Server PC have only 3GB RAM... ?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The main port will likely always show closed, as most sites do not check UDP ports, only TCP. If you are sure the port is forward with your router correctly, then it would have to be something blocking it else a setting is not right.

14. Hi,

both ports are oppened now.. (28015UDP,28016TPC) but frieds can´t connect :/
    Client connect only on lan ip (192.168.0.100) and can´t connect on public ip :/

I Try off windows friewall and router firewall. But still can´t connect...

Rusty for rcon console on port 28016 is connected.
    If i test port on website Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router both ports are openned.

On router i have forvarding 28015 UPD and 28016 TPC and i try set both ALL but still cant connect.

And server can´t show in server list..

Any idea?

Thx a lot for help

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is your +server.ip set to right now in your .bat?

16. I try with 192.168.0.103 , 0.0.0.0 and delete +server.ip

I sitll can´t connect

I don´t have installed steam and rust client on this PC, it is possible problem with this??

My .bat file
    Code:
    @echo off
    cls
    :start
    echo Starting server...
    cd rustds
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.tickrate 30 +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "99559955" +server.hostname "FW test" +server.identity "FW" +server.description "                                                        CZ & SK Rust Server!" +server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/ZTj3gS5.jpg" +server.seed 8675309 +server.maxplayers 15 +server.worldsize 2000 +server.pvp true +server.radiation true +server.saveinterval 60 +server.writecfg -logFile "log.txt" -autoupdatecd ../goto start

Hmm i tested ports and both open on TPC but if i change to UDP 28015 is clossed :/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
  17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The game uses UDP, but most checkers only check TCP. TCP is only used for RCON and Rust:IO. You don't need Steam to run the server, just to play on it.

18. if i enabled UPnP port on UDP open (28015)
    but still can´t connect..

and i dont see server on Rust:eek:i map

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

UPnP isn't used by the server, that's something else entirely. Rust:IO uses TCP on your main server port (28015 by default), Rust itself uses UDP (on 28015 by default), and RCON uses TCP 28016 by default.

20. I know this ..

UPnP Help
    The Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) feature allows this devices, such as Internet computers, to access the local host resources or devices as needed. UPnP devices can be automatically discovered by the UPnP service application on the LAN.

Current UPnP Status - UPnP can be enabled or disabled by clicking the Enable or Disablebutton. This feature is enabled by default.

Current UPnP Settings List:

This table displays the current UPnP information.

• App Description - The description about the application which initiates the UPnP request.
    • External Port - The port which the Router opened for the application.
    • Protocol - The type of protocol which is opened.
    • Internal Port - The port which the Router opened for local host.
    • IP Address - The IP address of the local host which initiates the UPnP request.
    • Status - Either Enabled or Disabled, "Enabled" means that the port is still active; otherwise, the port is inactive.
    Click the Enable button to enable UPnP.

Click the Disable button to disable UPnP.

Click the Refresh button to update the Current UPnP Settings List.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If i off UPnP port on UDP 28015 is closed
    if i on UPnP port on UDP 28015 is open

But i can´t still connect to server :/