1. I am having an absolute nightmare trying to get this to work on Centos 7, could anyone who got it working possibly make a guide?

2. Use LGSM
    rustserver: Rust |
    PS : Need a x64 OS.

Then for oxide, just extract it in serverfiles ;)

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The "compiler closed" isn't a chmod issue, that's usually a dependency issue. The "failed to start" is the chmod issue.

4. Wulf, my savior ! (I'm so desperate right now...)
    How would i miss dependencies after just updating Rust and Oxide ? (didn't do any OS update) :(

5. You're trying to move your install into an LGSM install ? Very bad idea if you don't know what you're doing.

Those ugly .exe and .bat has nothing to do on your linux machine.
    RustDedicated_Data is supposed to be in serverfiles, so does oxide.root.json.

BTW, is that coming from the windows Oxide version ?
    Come on... Find the linux version here.
    GitHub - OxideMod/Snapshots: Latest and greatest snapshots for all Oxide projects.

And do a clean LGSM install please.
    Then eventually copy your saved files, plugins and stuff into your identity folder ( serverfiles/server/rust-server )

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not even sure why it needs other dependencies on Linux, as it should come with everything it needs.

7. That's what i thought. Maybe some files didn't overwrite properly. That's what happened at first when oxide wasn't loading with unzip -u
    Then second time : unzip -o, oxide worked.
    Then third time manually using FTP, no change at all.
    I'll check permissions and ownership on files. Maybe i've been stupid enough to run a zip update as root once, and those files can't be overwritten.

Edit : Just tried, everything belongs to the right user. I just run chmod +x on every files into RustDedicated_Data/Managed just to make sure (some of the files were not executable).

Code:
    [Oxide] 19:10 [Error] Clans plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 19:10 [Error] Compiler disconnected.
    Didn't reboot yet though

8. Code:
    To start server type:
    ./rustserver start[rustserver@ns300440 ~]$ ./rustserver start
        fetching functions/command_start.sh...OK
        fetching functions/check_systemdir.sh...OK
        fetching functions/check_logs.sh...OK
        fetching functions/check_ip.sh...OK
        fetching functions/check_tmux.sh...OK
        fetching functions/check_config.sh...OK
        fetching functions/fix_steamcmd.sh...OK
    [  OK  ] Starting rust-server: Applying steamclient.so general fix: Rust
        fetching functions/info_config.sh...OK
        fetching functions/logs.sh...OK
    [ .... ] Starting rust-server: Rustfailed to connect to server: Connection refus                                                                                                                                                             ed
    [ FAIL ] Starting rust-server: Unable to start Rust
    [rustserver@ns300440 ~]$

This is just on a blank LGSM install, I am so new to rust servers but I have a lot of experience with minecraft, sorry if I am useless :p

9. it is not native Linux RUST server, most likely just win emulation with some useful configs
    we need full network reversing or free source from Garry )))

10. Some dude has the exact same issue, seems like it's because he runs a 32 bit OS (which isn't advised for Rust, especially because it needs more than 4GB RAM) please post here, we will diagnose this with you.
    Rustfailed to connect to server: Connection refused :: Linux Game Server Managers

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What are you talking about? This is the native Linux Rust server.

12. So, about my issue i made a test with the compiler, tried to compile manually :

Code:
    rust@Ulti:~/compilertest$ ls
    CSharpCompiler  DeathNotes.cs
    rust@Ulti:~/compilertest$ ./CSharpCompiler DeathNotes.cs
    Segmentation fault
    rust@Ulti:~/compilertest$ ls
    CSharpCompiler  DeathNotes.cs
    Conclusion : The compiler file works and doesn't lack dependencies. The segmentation fault is normal because it tries to run it, but the compilation works.

13. hmm, i try install this LGSM and find all DLL files for Windows RUST Server version ))) lol

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The majority of the files are the same, both use Mono, Unity is built with Mono.

15. He uses .NET files for Windows runtime, it is just windows kernel emulation. Linux natively uses .so libs and own kernel.

16. That's still kinda native in the sense that you don't need to mess around with Wine, and can use bash at it's best on it.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Both still use Mono, which is cross-platform .NET, so the majority of the files will be the same.

18. We need rewrite or reverse-write RUST server code to use Linux runtime and that will be natively ))