Solved Pump jack

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Bill Murray 2, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Hi folks,

I was wondering if it were even possible for a plugin to be made to bring back the pumpjack? I have had several players asking me about this. I run a 4x server and the pumpjack was pretty key in helping people raid. Raiding has virtually ceased on my server since the pumpjack was taken out.

-Bill

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's no way to bring a physical item back if it doesn't exist in the client.

3. Well the item itself does, but the problem was with the survey charges no longer bringing up oil spots in the map. Is this the same thing?

4. For now we just upped the oil barrel spawns by a significant amount.

5. What did you use for that? Cornucopia?

6. You can use Cornucopia to add random crates on the map. I also run a modified version of Rain of Fire that drops low grade fuel.

7. How would I run in the cornucopia? Is there a config setting in it to change just the oil barrels?

8. The default config leaves everything as is, so simply modify the oil barrel section setting the min to a number higher than the natural occurrence (you can get an idea of what the natural number by doing /cdump with Cornucopia loaded)

9. So I can increase the number of oil drops, how would I increase the amount of oil that each one drops? And how do I make it so that the oil barrels appear in more places than just the radtowns? Sorry for the newb questions. Seems like a cool plugin so far. I've increased animals big time to help combat the oil crisis so far.

10. Everything that Cornucopia spawns extra is going to be random on the map, it doesn't follow normal placement rules.

For the amount of oil you'll need to look at another plugin, I think LootConfig would probably be your best bet. You could just add more barrels too, make 'em work for it :)

11. This sounds like a cool mod to that plugin. Care to share? PM me, I'll even throw in a some $$.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  12. Hi!

Since pumpjacks got removed from the game, I was wondering if there's a possibility to mod them back?
    I'm running a ClanWar server, and that playstyle was so much more fun when large compounds of pumpjacks & quarries were built!

It has come to my understanding as an admin, that there is no oil left to be found in the ground?
    If we can't get around that problem, I would even help the clans putting out Pumpjacks in the desert area for the cost of a pumpjack & 10 survey charges. But I cannot do this, since there are no oil left on the map...

Is this possible?

13. Since they not only removed the pumpjacks, but also the oil from when you survey charge, Im not sure it is possible.

14. you can place them, if you place or better /spawn 115 ( assets/bundled/prefabs/items/mining/survey_crater_oil.prefab ) before on the ground.
    They are even working but not producing anykind of oil.
    So maybe the plugin could realize if someone put fuel in the pumpjack and then spawn crude oil in the loot barrel?

15. if you have the build tool just use command /plant 85 and it will plant a "static" pump jack where you are looking, without restrictions, that is fully operational like the ones that are already statically in the game near monuments... there is nothing else you need to do, it plants, and works /plant 84 will do you a nice quarry that gets all resources as well

16. really?! damn, and i was looking for ages to find the spawn command for the oil crater xD

17. yes sir, works splendedly on our server, I just wish the build tool had at least a image of the item so you could see exactly the position it would place...

18. Hello. Where you can find full list of those items? i would like to spawn/plant some rocks around map bigger and smaller, so just wondering that what numbers those have, and what command i need to use ? i managed to spawn some quarries and pumpjacks already

19. everytime I planted (/plant) trees, rocks, barrels, or other lootable items, they were gone on next restart.... so far only "static" items seem to stay for me, here is a more updated list of resources posted in the BUILD plugin comments area page 40 although a more simplified list with just names rather than the full description.... carefull what you plant, some things ( unknown what all) can mess up the time ticker on the server and caus etime to fly at incredible speeds, and so far has been found to irreversable without a wipe......
    http://bit.ly/rustdeploy

20. Hm, in reference to this, is it actually possible to edit the outcome of the static pumpjacks? Those that are placed near monuments, gives 1 crude oil pr. 1 used fuel. Before, when we could place pumpjacks ourselfs, I had never seen an outcome lesser than 5 crude oil pr. 1 used fuel.