1. Ok, So i built a shop, The Grand Exchange Plugin, it is up and running great, shop is built. I built it outsdie a crest zone, I turned decay off i belive, but if i hit the blocks with a weapon it does damage. like 1000 damage hit each hit. so it will only take 1 player, to come through and just wreck the shop. Any way I can mark this area as a no damage zone so my shop stays put?

I don't want to put my crest there. i have a castle.

also anyway for admin to have more then 1 crest to fix this situation?

2. no the crest problem for admins is known and no fix yet.
    Can help with the damage part but it only works if the players are in the GE area.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457031443][/DOUBLEPOST]No, the crest for admin is a known problem with no fix yet.
    About the damage, there is a part in the script that has been commented since it didn't function right.
    Can give you my part but it only works if the player who's dealing the damage is in a shop area.

3. Ok, well that is something to try, how would I change that, and I don't know what a GE area is. I can remove marks, and add marks again to cover all of the store inside of the marks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457035119][/DOUBLEPOST]Googled it, GE Area = Grand Exchange Area... got it... but what part to modify to effect block damage in the GE Area?

4. you can mod some block what cant damage or craft.i have plugins what shield raiding.but then need to build shop over water or place where players cant set crest and collect block

5. 1. Open the plugin with your favorite editor.
    2. Scroll down till you see "Private Methods" then open it with the +.
    3. Scroll down till you see "PLAYER CREATURE AND OBJECT DAMAGE" then open it with the +.
    4. Scroll down to the very bottom of that expanded region.
    5. You see a bit of code with // in front of each line. Delete all this.
    6. After that, paste the code below at the place where you removed the previous code.
    7. Save the file and place it in your plugin map on the server.
    8. Have fun playing with a bit more safety.

EDIT:

Code:
    private void OnCubeTakeDamage(CubeDamageEvent cubeDamageEvent)
            {
                if (cubeDamageEvent.Damage.DamageSource.Owner is Player)
                {
                    var player = cubeDamageEvent.Damage.DamageSource.Owner;
                    if (PlayerIsInTheRightTradeArea(player))
                    {
                        cubeDamageEvent.Damage.Amount = 0f;
                        var message = "[FF0000]Grand Exchange : [00FF00]" + player.DisplayName + "[FFFFFF]! Attacking the Grand Exchange is ill-advised! Decist immediately!";
                        PrintToChat(message);
                        Log(message);
                    }
                }
            }

Forgot to add an if that is necessary for it to work.
    With this code the damage will be nullified if the player who's dealing damage is in the Grand Exchange/shop area.
    If they're outside this area and hitting a block it will still do damage but it's a bit more secure then first.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  6. Ohhh
    Ok I did that, I'll upload, and see what the results are tomorrow. Thankyou..
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457121025,1457085535][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok so the results were. Every Block on the map, when struck, would say it was not wise to attack the grand exchange. Even on a castle on the other side of the map. I don't think this will work for me. 1 rogue player can sit there and hit a block anywhere on the map, and flood the chat with so and so is attacking the Grand exchange etc. etc messages.

I will save this for a future use, if we go PVE on the server.

I have since, gotten a friend that no longer plays, to come on, and join my guild and place his crests in the Store, I then I then built next door a Tavern upstairs and Black smith shop down stairs, under same sheilf protection as well as a Jail...

DragonFireGaming

7. I edited my last post if you look at that you see why.
    I forgot to check if the player was in the GE area and it's added now.

8. I'll try it out.. I really appreciate you helping.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457121249][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How is the GE Area determined?

9. The GE area is the main shop (/store) you put markers for and player shops. If you haven't placed the marks for the main shop then it will only count for the player shops.

10. My markers are just on outside of blocks of store, opposite corners, should i extend this area to be sure everything is covered?

Just modified the file again, and in Note++ starts on line 2674 to 2688
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457121700][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Restarting server, and testing
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457122028][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Test went perfectly... I can't thank you enough... Now only the Grand Exchange triggers that message

11. Like I said. it won't give protection if the damager is outside of the marked areas but for closeby it's good.

12. I appreciate your input, you have helped me greatly.

Does exactly what I needed now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457168731][/DOUBLEPOST]If you'd like to check out what I have done, DragonFireGaming is our server name.

13. This does work. But is there a way to stop the block giving salvage? We don't want people sitting there all day getting free salvage from these blocks.

14. need plugis what make no siege area

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2016
  15. Easy, done. This should prevent all damage done to blocks.

Attached Files:

16. You are right no damage is done to the block. But like I said it still gives the player salvage, so hitting a wood block gives them wood, but continues to do no damage to the block. So a player can sit there ALL day and get free resources.

17. keep in mind that the current code of the grand exchange doesn't function well if there is no crest protecting the grand exchange. For example if you don't crest it someone else can crest it and take the blocks. if you crest it the salvage should be gone too.

I am working on a crest replacement plugin but that will take some time.

18. Ok understood. I added a crest. Now is there anyway to protect items as well? Also does this also protect against trebs, ballistas and arrows?

19. easy way when we dont have plugins against trep or no no crest area.you can mod some block what players not use.mayby sod block.that i do my server.that block cant break or craft.but still you need to set crest that area or players can set crest there and collect block.i have plugins against ballista and trep but its take full map.i use that when its a build event.i plan to make 1 plugins what cancel collect.i have also plugins what chancel set block.so i can build base and active plucins,after that there cant build more when plugins its up.so this moment need plugins what make no crest area or cancel items collection.then its no point to set crest that area any players.after all its hard to make base without crest if you want any players cant take that base block or items or trep that down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016