Solved Popup messages

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by OldRed, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Everyone that was a admin and a player on legacy version of rust remember the option where you could do /pop "Message" and the message would be broadcast for every player on the server . is it possible to do a plugin that can do the same thing .

on my server some players dont use chat ... the say the get better preformence and whut not . it creates a issue when a admin is removing all twigs and stuff outside of cupboard range . always a few players that miss it or the dont use chat . and the start moaning .

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no native popup/notice type message in Rust, so it wouldn't be possible unless you use the chat or the very experimental entity UI.

3. use GUI?

4. I actually have a built-in Notification system in my Extension that you could look at?

I have 3 types of ways to send a notification.

Code:
    public void SendNotification(int authLevel, string message)
    This sends a notification to a specified auth level. This is best used for when you want send something ot only auth 1 or w/e you like

Code:
    public void SendPlayerNotification(BasePlayer player, string message)
    This sends a notification to only one specific player.

Code:
    public void SendNotificationAll(string message)
    This sends a notification to all active players on the server. :)

Check the thread for more details.
    http://oxidemod.org/threads/rust-community-ui-extension.10172/

5. thank you i will check it out

6. Own why did you make the command so long announce ... why not just /pop "Message"

can you change it to pop pls :). i really apreacitay for making this . even if you dont change it too pop im still happy :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  7. just edit the old one with notepad and replace it with the text there or if u want to learn how to change commands simply edit the plugin you already have then you can find
    [ChatCommand("announce")]
    and
    [ChatCommand("announceto")]

and just replace the announce to pop and the announceto to popto

enjoy:)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018
  8. How to get ust.dll??
    [DOUBLEPOST=1533891019][/DOUBLEPOST]Oxide.Game.Rust.dll

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide.Game.Rust.dll = Oxide.Rust.dll = included with every Oxide build.

Also, if you're looking for popup GUI stuff, there are some under the Rust Plugins section.

This thread is from years ago and no longer relevant, so please avoid bumping old threads.