Not an Issue Plugins not working (no details)

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Mottbox, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Since update. Anyone else?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly isn't working about them? Did you check to make sure Oxide was installed after updating Rust? Oxide is a mod, so it needs to be installed after each game update. You can verify using the oxide.version command.

3. @Wulf I also appear to have the same problem:
    Code:
    Protocol: 2050.155.1
    Build Date: 01/12/2018 06:47:17
    Unity Version: 2017.1.2f1
    Changeset: 24755
    Branch: main
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3811
    No plugins will boot and the last thing after initializing of entities is:
    Code:
    Server startup complete
    BradleyAPC Spawned at :(-597.5, 18.6, -354.1)
    This Server has been untouched since it last updated Oxide yesterday so nothing new has been added that could have caused this. I've also fully reinstalled Rust, and removed/installed/updated Oxide. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Nothing has changed with Oxide, it was just patched for the Rust update. The logs would show if there was an issue loading plugins.

5. Alright thanks I'll see if there's anything in the logs :)

6. I had the same issue. For some reason after the new update oxide is reading my plugins from my /oxide/ folder instead of my \server\my_server_identity\oxide folder. IF your plugins are not loading, copy/paste all of the plugins, lang, data, config from your other folder into the \oxide\ folder. This worked for me. Do not ask why, I have no idea, I just found the fix...

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That has been the default location for the past... year pretty much. If you don't set +oxide.directory, then oxide under your root is used. To be clear, this change is not new and would only have changed based on your own personal setup.

See Oxide directory location and configuration changes.

8. Im not saying it wasnt, but something must have changed with our hosts or something. The host must have changed something in its configuration if multiple people had the same issue. Ever since before yesterdays update, my servers have been using the \server\my_server_identity\oxide folder. I have never put plugins into the default oxide folder.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be the only reason. Sounds like someone removed the +oxide.directory command-line argument wherever you host.