1. I recently decided to start up a server again, and I noticed there was a change to oxide with the whole directory thing. When starting up the server, the plugins do not work for the most part (one works, but only partially as it announces when a player joins the server or not. In the same plugin, a player can type /rules to read the server rules but the command does not work. All other plugins do not work in any way).

I have checked the oxide logs, and it seems to me that the plugins are loading correctly. There are no warnings or errors, except for one:

[Warning] ReignOfKingsCore has replaced the 'group' command previously registered by Reign of Kings

I'm at a loss for what this exactly means, if this can be fixed and, if so, how. This seems to be the only irregularity that I can find whatsoever as to why the plugins are not working.

I have contacted the hosting support team (GameServers), but I end up waiting 5 hours before they respond with one sentence statements or questions, as if they have no idea what is going on, just like me. I thought it might have to do with something regarding the directory change (I've asked the support team about this, and they asked if I mean to set +oxide.directory "/#######/rok/oxide"), but again, I'm at a loss as to what to do exactly. Yes, I have read through the entire thread at Oxide directory location and configuration changes | Oxide . Yes, I have referred the support team to that thread in my support ticket. Yes, I have made absolutely sure that oxide and the server are at their latest versions.

Any help or insight as to what to do would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Without seeing your logs, we can't really say much. If you could provide those, that'd provide a bit more insight. Build numbers and version would also help.

3. This is everything taken from the oxide log, including its version. Also note, I have currently two plugins loaded, being Admin Chat and Pwn.

22:54 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3350...
    22:54 [Info] Loading extensions...
    22:54 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] Loaded extension ReignOfKings v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'Reign of Kings'
    22:54 [Info] Loading plugins...
    22:54 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] Loaded plugin Reign of Kings v2.0.3350 by Oxide Team
    22:54 [Info] AdminChat and Pwn were compiled successfully in 1854ms
    22:54 [Info] Loaded plugin Admin Chat v1.1.0 by LaserHydra
    22:54 [Info] Loaded plugin Pwn v0.1.0 by DumbleDora
    22:54 [Warning] ReignOfKingsCore has replaced the 'group' command previously registered by Reign of Kings

The compiler log contains as follows:

[SERVER v1.0.24] Started as service
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Running as service
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Got Message: Ready
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Got Message: Compile
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Console: AdminChat.cs(36,20): warning CS0219: The variable `uid' is assigned but its value is never used
    AdminChat.cs(49,29): warning CS0168: The variable `message' is declared but never used
    AdminChat.cs(64,24): warning CS0219: The variable `currId' is assigned but its value is never used

[SERVER v1.0.24] Got Message: Exit
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Exit received.
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Connection closed.
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Shutdown

I'm not too worried about the warnings from the compiler log, as it is only announcing unused variables within the plugins.

I don't exactly know where to check the server version, but I'd have to assume it is v1.0.24 as recorded in the compiler log. If that isn't it, all I know is that it is the latest as I can join it (R15). I hope that helps and was what you were looking for.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

So what have you tested specifically with the plugins and what was the result?

5. Absolutely no commands have been working. I usually have over 10 working plugins, but after trying most of them nothing happened. One plugin, Announcer, I believe, performs multiple functions allowing players to check the rules by issuing the command /rules and also notifies the server when a player connects or disconnects. So far, that is the only plugin that has been working, at least partially, as it does in fact announce a connections and disconnections, but other parts of it do not function, such as the /rules command. Other plugins that rely on the issuing of a command do not work either, such as /pwn (Pwn Plugin), /alliancecommands (AllianceTracker), and /checkinv (CheckInventory).

With commands not working but certain automatic functions within the plugins seemingly working, such as the announcer, I would expect the plugin NightKillOnly to work as well, as it does not use any commands but announces when the time of day switches from night to day and vice versa. However, it does not work either. I've reinstalled the server multiple times which is why the logs I provided do not include the rest of the plugins, but even then all plugins looked to be loaded correctly with only that one warning showing up from my previous post.

In short, in-game commands connecting to the plugins do not work / are not recognized, but the plugins themselves seem to be functioning. This is not a permission issue, I believe, as I've given my character unlimited authority and tested with that.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, I think I see why. Pushed something that should fix the issue, which will be available within the next 10 minutes or less.

7. Well then, thank you!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'll try to get the fix tested (not able to access the client right now), otherwise let me know. :)

9. Will do. Much appreciated!

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Build 2.0.3353 is available now if you'd like to test it.

11. The plugin commands (that I currently have installed right now, being Pwn and AdminChat) are now working! However, basic vanilla commands are not, such as /godmode and /fly. I checked the logs and this is what came up on the oxide logs:

00:09 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3353...
    00:09 [Info] Loading extensions...
    00:09 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] Loaded extension MySql v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] Loaded extension SQLite v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] Loaded extension Unity v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] Loaded extension ReignOfKings v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] Using Covalence provider for game 'Reign of Kings'
    00:09 [Info] Loading plugins...
    00:09 [Info] Loaded plugin Unity v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] Loaded plugin Reign of Kings v2.0.3353 by Oxide Team
    00:09 [Info] AdminChat and Pwn were compiled successfully in 1897ms
    00:09 [Info] Loaded plugin Admin Chat v1.1.0 by LaserHydra
    00:09 [Info] Loaded plugin Pwn v0.1.0 by DumbleDora
    00:09 [Warning] ReignOfKingsCore has replaced the 'group' command previously registered by Reign of Kings
    00:10 [Warning] Plugin 'ReignOfKingsCore' is using the Lang API but has no messages registered
    00:10 [Warning] Plugin 'ReignOfKingsCore' is using the Lang API but has no messages registered
    00:11 [Warning] Plugin 'ReignOfKingsCore' is using the Lang API but has no messages registered

The last three warnings are a result of my attempts at using the vanilla commands. In game, there is no red warning message that usually follows after an invalid command, but instead a white message stating "UnknownCommand" appears.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Forgot to push the localization for the new commands, but the vanilla chat commands should be fixed now in the next build once available.

13. Great, I'll try it out once it is available and let you know, thanks!

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Build 2.0.3355 now available.

15. Tried it out, and everything seems to be working! Thank you!

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem, thanks for letting us know. :)