1. In the decompiled code we see lots of calls to Effect.server.run(..........); which seem to be triggering sounds client-side. I tried using that code in a plugin and it doesn't seem to have any effect. Anyone ever managed to play a sound for a specific player with a plugin? Is that possible?

2. Code:
         Effect.server.Run("fx/headshot", player.transform.position, Vector3.zero, null, false);
    you can also try(Not tested)
    Code:
    player.SendEffect("fx/headshot");

3. Did you test this pain? Does the first line work? I tried that last night and couldn't get any sound out of it.. no errors either it just doesn't do anything. Wasn't that exact line though I'll try it...

4. I'm using the first line in my HeadshotGUI plugin. So yeah it works.

5. Thanks it does work, nice :) Anyone know how to get a list of all available effects?

6. Thanks mate!

7. No problem, you've helped me a lot many many times.

8. Well you're double helping me with this one, I knew you had a mod that used GUI to notify of hits, didn't realize you also added sounds.. Was gonna make a mod to play a sound to confirm hits... Guess you beat me to it so that's great, I'll try it out :)

9. I wont use the line.
    Code:
     Effect.server.Run("fx/headshot", player.transform.position, Vector3.zero, null, false);
    This runs the sound as the server at a specific position. Means everyone in that radius should be able to hear it.
    Use player.SendEffect(string effect);
    or something like Effect.player.Run

10. I Tested the first line and it was working well for only the player. Really weird.. what do i think is that sounds are effects for the player and not for the server.
    As i said i tested the first one and it worked only for the player.

11. Well. The Server is running the Sound effects, only at a specififc position. You did not specify a player type or a connection. means it can only be like that. Means if another guy is standing next to you and you hit a headshot he should hear it too...

12. Code:
    Effect.server.Run("fx/headshot", player.transform.position, Vector3.zero, player.net.connection);
    Should work.

13. yeah but you need to add the connection as you did

14. Lets say that I wanted to have a server start song or something when a player joins or when an event has been opened.
    If this is possible, how would I link a song that I put into the servers folder to be played?

15. As I know this is not possible, as sounds are handled client-sided. The server only calls it at the client.

16. its a bit late to join that conversation ... :D but what if .... the player has the sound which one i want to play on him, in his client? does the sound has to build in the prefabs? or is it enough to have the sound in the client folder? .... i mean... i already made overlays etc for clients to see which was not in the client. sooo... somethings possible of that ? eather a hosted sound with URL Or a client - folder sound ?

17. Actually, LaserHydra is right. I did test it on my server, and the server was running an effect at x position, and other players were able to hear it.

18. well i know. i tried that aswell , playing a sound/effect out of the prefabs.. ( dont mess around with that on a server with much players... they will freak the fck out ) . but my question... can i Call the Sound/effect on a client if the file is NOT embed in the prefabs. With a file thats located in the Game Folder.

19. Trying doesn't hurt I guess.