Plagued

A plague has decimated the world's population, avoid others players to stay alive

Total Downloads: 553 - First Release: Jul 6, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 1, 2017

5/5, 16 likes
  1. Psi|ocybin submitted a new resource:

Plagued - A plague has decimated the world's population, avoid others players to stay alive

Read more about this resource...

2. Psi|ocybin updated Plagued with a new update entry:

3. Looks really cool! Good job :)

4. Hello, I did just want to let you know that i am now Running this on my server.. Looks great and everyone on my server is like what the hell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  5. Hi, just so you know, I will add cross restart persistence this week, but right now the mod's data is wipe every restart. Also could you PM me your server? I'd be interested in playing on it for testing purposes.

Thank you!

6. Is there a way to make this not effect every one off the start. Like say someone randomly gets sick first and then they spread being sick when that person gets near unsick people?

7. Hello again, i did want to tell you that whenever no matter what people are playing on my server they reported that they are always bleeding.

I noticed this after my server update.

8. After a server restart, they will get sick if they don't re-add everyone as kin. The reason being that nothing gets saved past a server restart.
    I'm currently working on this feature.

Perhaps I should devise a way for people to monitor their sickness levels increase and decrease. That would help with beta testing. Its also possible that with the default configuration, people might get sick too quickly.

What do you think?

It would be possible, but I guess it wouldn't serve its purpose of keeping clans from forming up, as it would just penalize one person at a time.

9. I love the plugin, It runs good except for the expected bugs within it. Thank you for a great plugin and i hope you come by the server to see it in action..

10. Max kin 2 means that only 2 players can play together without infection?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  11. plugin works?

12. I run a solo/3 person max clan server and have been watching this plugin... Would love to see integration with the friends & rust io plugins, so friends and clan mates are automatically treated as kin... then I'd give it a go for sure.

13. yep... 100%
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469916099][/DOUBLEPOST]
    3 players...you and your 2 kins
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469916145][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It has no bugs, is misses only some features...like the data-saving part ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469916341][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The plugin has a really god base, and the blaancing is well good for this eraly state of development. and with the givne options ,everyone can control the time byself...really good

14. Could you provide a little more insight on how exactly the settings in the config file work. and the scaling of the the values

15. Yes, but first we must clarify a few concepts:

Plague level: A number going from 0 to 10000 assigned to every players. Plague levels have plateaus which increment by slice of 1000. So, for example, a player with a plague level of 6434 will have all the negative effects of of the level 1 to 6 (Up to highly increased hunger).

Affinity: A number going from 0 to plagueMinAffinity (defaults to 6000) assigned to each players for every players with which they come in close proximity. Once a player goes over plagueMinAffinity, he will be considered as as associate and if he continues to stay close to that player, he will start gaining plagueLevels.

Kin: Someone who is exempt from gaining affinity with a given player.

plagueRange
    This unit is a radius in meters and represents the range of the infection. Every other players that are present inside of this sphere around the player will have their plague level increased and so will the player at the center of the sphere. This value is very import for performance and balance, if you set it too high, people will be able to abuse the plague system more easily by sleeping near people's bases and such. Its also critical for performance, the higher the value, the worse the performance will be.

plagueIncreaseRate
    Every time the plugin ticks, this value will be added to a player's plague level, but only once the player has first reached the level of associate with another player.

plagueDecreaseRate
    Every time the plugin ticks and the player is alone or with kin, this value will be subtracted from his plague level.

plagueMinAffinity
    The affinity level at which players will start gaining plague levels.

affinityIncRate
    The rate at which affinity between players increase for every plugin tick.

affinityDecRate
    The rate at which affinity between players decreases for every plugin tick.

maxKin
    The maximum amount of kin a player can have

maxKinChanges
    The amount of time a player can change his kin list between server restarts
    [DOUBLEPOST=1470166067][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes its a good idea, I could add a GUI and plugin integrations if its possible. I'll have to have a good look at Oxide's API to see if I can access a user's friend list and such.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1470166091][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes exactly.

16. Do you think it would be possible to incorporate Radiation into this as an illness effect as well. I would love to force people who want to try and fight through it to have to take radiation pills constantly. Also thanks for the detail explanation of all the settings and values.

17. Can you add a function to turn off infection of sleep guys. Because if someone raid house with pickaxe, it becomes very painful for raider

18. Yes, I'll have a look at this, I'm close to release a new version with database persistence and I'll include a fix for this.

19. Psi|ocybin updated Plagued with a new update entry:

20. Code:
    (13:17:16) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Debug]   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (13:17:17) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Error] Sqlite handle raised an exception (SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
    no such table: associations)
    (13:17:17) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Debug]   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (13:17:17) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Error] Sqlite handle raised an exception (SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
    (13:17:17) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Debug]   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (13:17:18) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Error] Sqlite handle raised an exception (SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database
    (13:17:18) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Debug]   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare (System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection cnn, System.String strSql, System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, System.String& strRemain) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (13:17:18) | [Oxide] 12:17 PM [Error] Sqlite handle raised an exception (ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: Parameter '@3' specified but only 3 parameters supplied (in `UPDATE players SET plague_level=@0,pristine=@1 WHERE players.user_id == @3;`))