1. That's right.

If this error does not exist, then the server has not been updated to the current version

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, he warning will still be there, but as long as the previous error is gone you should be fine. The warning should be able to be hidden by adding an app.config file, but untested.

3. Okay, so a helpfull member helped me out and provide me some info that I need to drop the OLD Newtonsoft.Json.dll into the NEW / updated server files.
    Unfortunately I updated in a rush and now find out the back-up I made before I updated failed, so I dont have the old file........................
    Is there a way to get the old Newtonsoft.Json.dll file?
    I really hope someone will help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Simply update Rust again and use the latest Oxide build. Just make sure you are getting the latest build.

5. "simply update rust again" seems to be the difficult part, my providers control panel already says that rust is up to date, anyway you know to trick it to download the update again?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Copy the one you have on your client if they all you to upload it.

7. Like PINKDMG I face the same issue if I use the "./rustserver update" command I get this

No update available:
    Current version: 1774818
    Available version: 1774818
    Rust Dedicated Server · AppID: 258***

I never faced a problem like this, sorry if this maybe is a simple step to make for most server owners.

Thanks in advance Wulf
    [DOUBLEPOST=1492908037][/DOUBLEPOST]And I understand the part to place back the old backup but there is my issue I overide my old backup always with the new one before I do the newest update, and that backup failed somehow and left me behind with a blanko backup folder.
    So I have nothing to role back to

8. No they dont let me upload it. So is the file that needs to be changed included in the default rust download? Is that why i need to reinstall the rust server? I have contacted the server host to try to get them to redownload rust for me
    [DOUBLEPOST=1492910371][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Contact your server host and ask them to validate your rust files, then reinstall oxide and run the oxide update. Its fixed mine

9. I would just like clarification for something re: updating Oxide files:

After updating the rust files for my server to the latest version, must I re-download/install all of the individual plugins one by one, or is it just the main Oxide files that need to updated/installed?

10. I just moved all of the plugins and config files from the old identity1 -> oxide folder into the new one that was made, the new folder is in the main home directory and is called oxide.

11. Hi Bitman.
    Update Rust, copy and update Oxide and then update any plugins that may have changed due to the Rust changes.
    I have "watched/alerted" the ones I use so I can easily see what needs to be fixed after the Rust update. Normally it's only a day at the most for plugins authors/GodWulf to update
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493975034][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi All,
    Is anyone else seeing this upon server start?

Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3250 by Oxide Team
    Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.JavaScript (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadExtension (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Failed to load extension Oxide.Core.Lua (MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Oxide.Core.VersionNumber..ctor'.)
    at Oxide.Core.Extensions.ExtensionManager.LoadExtension (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Loaded extension MySql v2.0.3250 by Oxide Team

No plugins loading but server does start...

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See Oxide directory location and configuration changes | Oxide.

For the JavaScript extension, either update it or remove it, we no longer bundle it.

13. arhhh ok...thx Wulf.... didn't know about directories changing.