1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Drift_91

Drift_91 Naked Wanderer

Unfortunately Waterfox has recently deviated away from Firefox it seems. The dev for some reason has decided to completely reject Firefox 57 and just ports security patches over to his fork of v56. Thinking of switching back to Firefox myself as I've been having trouble with updated plugins and the old ones that Waterfox add support for I don't really use anymore.

Evilyn Corporated likes this.
  2. iDeath

iDeath Shack Builder

You seem ill experienced my friend lol

3. ThibmoRozier

ThibmoRozier Scavenger

Ill experienced.. ooft.. Don't say that to my boss. :)
    Please do elaborate on your comment.

I don't want to stir any trouble up but it's a bit unfair of you to assume such things. :)
    Also I'd like to know if I am mistaking facts about my daily job. Being a Developer/Linux system admin.. :I

4. iDeath

iDeath Shack Builder

@ThibmoRozier We're hijacking this thread at this point so I'm just going to keep my snarky remarks to myself.

ThibmoRozier likes this.
  5. Evilyn Corporated

Evilyn Corporated Shack Builder

I actually think (please correct me) that you ARE supporting specific browsers, and excluding others like WaterFox in doing so. Surely it would be better if you just made the site work with all standards based browsers instead? Maybe there's something I don't understand or I'm missing, and I'm always willing to learn.

The problem was solved by going into about:config in WaterFox and creating a new preference called general.useragent.overide and then giving it a value of "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0" In other words I told WaterFox to report to all sites (including OxideMod.org) that it was actually FireFox.

Now I can browse OxideMod.org as normal in WaterFox, which I'm obviously happy about. I removed the value and got the same error message as before, I then put it back and the site works okay again. As I've not had this problem with any other site, I can only assume that somewhere in the new https setup, something isn't quite right despite what all the tests are reporting...

6. iDeath

iDeath Shack Builder

Not sure if it's just me, but over other time I try to load the forum I get an expired, or invalid SSL browser warning even after clearing the cache. I see you're using a LEA SSL but for some reason chrome is acting like it's self-signed >.>

7. German Hoeffner

German Hoeffner Community Admin Community Admin

We are using Caddy Webserver with a pretty standard config. I assume the right place to report this would be trying a caddy installation yourself and if it doesn't work report it to Caddy.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 16, 2018 ---
    That's weird. Caddy should handle all of this and the cert should be valid long enough.

Evilyn Corporated likes this.
  8. Evilyn Corporated

Evilyn Corporated Shack Builder

I'll test this at the weekend, thank you.

9. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

The contact tab needs fixed brings to some strange site and never seen the imprint link also the contact and imprint brings you to the same place
    @German Hoeffner

10. German Hoeffner

That "strange site" is the company running this site ;)

11. Resistance

Resistance Grenade Master

Its a lot different from the old contact forum

12. Ts3hosting

Ts3hosting Plugin Developer

Seems Slower.

13. Ryan

Ryan Plugin Developer

Getting a lot of "Gateway 504 timeout"

Website sometimes taking 10-15 secs to load pages

Shady757 likes this.
  14. Shady757

Shady757 Plugin Developer

I'm also experiencing occasional slowness, but it's odd because of how inconsistent it is. Only about every 1 in 10 pages is slow to load.

15. German Hoeffner

These should be gone now. Thanks for reporting!

16. PryMary

PryMary Master Researcher

Thanks this fixed it for me too...

17. German Hoeffner

@Evilyn Corporated @PryMary You could try again without the user agent. We are on the latest version of the webserver now. Maybe that fixes it for you?

18. Ryan

Ryan Plugin Developer

Could you also not force SSL redirects @German Hoeffner?

It affects plugins that pull data from the oxide site... Such as this plugin Updater
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2018 ---
    Limitation with Mono ^^

Fujikura likes this.
  19. German Hoeffner

Hi,

please get the developer to implement SSL handling. If it's something which needs to be enabled on FPs side, I am willed to vouch for it.

20. Ryan

Ryan Plugin Developer

It is something that cannot be handled plugin-side, that is why I am suggesting to you to not force SSL redirects.

There is nothing Oxide/FP/Plugin dev can do. It is something that will have to be handled your side.

Fujikura likes this.