Not an Issue No Oxide app in zip

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by wiscoeskimo, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Hello all,

Forgive me for any newb questions I might have. Brand new to this server hosting thing. I've been looking at several guides and everything has been running very smoothly until I get to the part where I download Oxide.

I go to the downloads page, extract the files into my rust server file but I dont see anything in those files that is an app to run Oxide. Am I missing a step that I haven't seen explained anywhere? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide is not an app, it's a mod. All of the files in the zip is what you get, that is the mod and all dependencies for it. You install it by extracting and overwriting your existing server files.

3. In the walkthroughs I've been watching it seems like they have an actual Oxide program up. The icon on the task bar looks like a stack of books. How am I supposed to get that up?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like they are using WinRAR to extract the zip. There's never been a program you run for Oxide to work, it's just a mod for servers that you install and then run your server like normal.

5. Ok, thank you Wulf. I appreciate your patience.