Solved More animals

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by polmp, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Hi,

I am trying to found a plugin to respawn more animals but I haven't found anyone. ¿Anyone knows any plugin? Thanks

2. I'm not sure we have the ability to force spawn npc entities into the game. I'll do a little research to make sure, and I hope so. But off the top of my head I don't think so.

3. Thanks man. I hope someone can do it. I'll will be awesome

4. With Build Plugin you can force spawn animals/plants into the game, but just 1 by 1.

5. Thanks. I'll try it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  6. more animals and more tree will cause lag only. better to look about decrease animal and tree amount which will be help for server stability

7. now with the Build Plugin you can mass spawn animals
    i've also noticed that when you spawn trees / animals they STAY in the game after a server restart
    i actually have NO idea if they RESPAWN once killed.

8. they dont - they will respawn up to limited amount all the time

there are abt 17.000 trees and 175 animal in game
    If you clean all trees and animals they will respawn in 2min but it will not spawn more than 17K trees + 175 animal which means that; game engine have limit for this amount and there should be way to decrease it.

I create additional 400 animal + 1000trees

After server started all additinal animals and trees was there(i.e. total 18K trees + 575 animal)

When I clean both, they respawn up to 17K trees + 175 animal again

In the light of above said I can say that;
    - You can create additional animal and trees but more than 300animal create huge lag
    - Even you clean all or half of them they will respawn up to limited amount (i.e. 17.000 trees + 175 animal)

As I say in above, check about the save file before clean and after clean.
    my 3,1mb save file drop 1,24mb
    Also server cpu usage drop from %9 to 0,2%

If we can change tree and animal limit (i.e. as decrease to 10K trees + 100animal) it will be definetly assist to avoid lag and will increase server performance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  9. Put in console:
    • spawn.min_rate # (default .1)
    • spawn.max_rate # (default 1)
    • spawn.min_density # (default .1)
    • spawn.max_density # (default 1)

This changes spawn rates and density for ALL gather-able entities trees/nodes/animals

10. I have searched through the forums and have not been able to find any type of autospawning plug in for the games current state. I am looking to turn up the amount of hostile animals that are on my server. I would like more bears wolves running around! If there is something that auto spawns them at an accelerated rate please let me know!

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

12. Hi @Wulf and others.

Since recent updates, its look like this commands don't work with NPCs (animals).

Before recently updates, when i used theses settings, NPC, Nodes, Trees and respawn were significantly increased.
    spawn.min_rate 0.4
    spawn.max_rate 1
    spawn.min_density 0.6
    spawn.max_density 1.2

But since theses updates, spawn commands only works with trees and nodes.

I tried hard settings with my dev server :
    spawn.min_rate 1
    spawn.min_density 1
    spawn.max_rate 3
    spawn.max_density 3

But animals are not increased. Look this pict, probably 40 NPCs, for all the map (4000x4000).

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/43/1477425593-20161025215206-1.jpg

60k entities of trees and nodes, but only 40 animals.

13. This plugin did problems on my server (collision bug with Hemp, pumpkin, pickup rocks and wood...).

And i'm searching a solution less plugin.

14. the plugin that makes the collision with hemp and mushrooms is Zonemanager, not this SpawnConfig.

there is a fix in this post: Mesh collider, conflict with ZoneManager ? | Oxide