1. I updated my server today. When I started it, this message appears.

MissingFieldException: Field 'Network.NetworkPeer.onMessage' not found.

happened to anyone?

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Updated to what?

3. to the new patch.
    without the oxide works good

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There is no new patch and hasn’t been one for 6 days. Sounds like you are on the staging branch.

5. I am having this error While loading on a prod Map and it doesnt let me join. Any fix?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1533910740][/DOUBLEPOST]Update:Barren and savas also dont work. probably not a map issue then
    [DOUBLEPOST=1533910760][/DOUBLEPOST]Im not on staging im on the normal one.

6. Same issue here. Clients are queued to receive a patch, and if they have auto-patching enabled, it fires automatically. We force-updated the server, thinking it was an out-of-band patch since none of our clients could connect, specifically chose the Main branch for the update, and it installed an update.

See attached for my Steam download status as of right now. There is most definitely an update, and I've never opted into the Staging branch. My library clearly shows the standard Rust branch is queued, not Staging.

Attached Files:

7. This is a common issue, I am experiencing this as well

8. Same Problem for me since the last update

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This means you are mixing Rust versions, so at the time of the original it was mixing staging branch with a public branch build of Oxide. Since Rust updated just today, the public branch also requires an updated for Oxide to work, otherwise you get errors like this.

10. same problem, without oxide it is OK

Code:
    (18:47:19) | MissingFieldException: Field 'Network.NetworkPeer.onMessage' not found.

11. Got the same message.

Code:
    rust-server-modded | Initializing 24544 stability supports
    rust-server-modded |    done.
    rust-server-modded | Initializing 23111 conditional models
    rust-server-modded | Initializing 63631 entity save caches
    rust-server-modded | MissingFieldException: Field 'Network.NetworkPeer.onMessage' not found.
    rust-server-modded |   at Bootstrap+<StartServer>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () [0x00385] in <9f5b7a9ff0c44ff99aacb86ef56ae396>:0
    rust-server-modded |   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <3d3ce0a05f164357836ebcee3caff781>:0
    rust-server-modded |
    rust-server-modded | (Filename: <9f5b7a9ff0c44ff99aacb86ef56ae396> Line: 0)
    Some version information:

Rust Build
    3021912 over 3003858

OxideMod Build
    2.0.4017 over 2.0.4017

It was updating from 3003858 to 3021912 which seems to have broken something. Not sure if it has to do with OxideMod yet.

12. any solve here ? i have same error !

13. How is it fixed?

14. Same for me

15. same for all of us . They have to update oxide and i think wolf is working on this. Hope

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This means you are mixing Rust versions, so at the time of the original it was mixing staging branch with a public branch build of Oxide. Since Rust updated just today, the public branch also requires an updated for Oxide to work, otherwise you get errors like this.

It will be fixed once I get an update out.