1. I'm trying to put together an arena game where players can fight each other to get access to keys spread around the arena (a fairly large maze of high walls with small structures that contain loot like guns/meds/etc).

Sort of like a capture the flag but with keys as the flags.

I want to be able to have a box that contains a key for a door in a central building on the map, or for locked loot rooms to get big boosts of items for a player/team who finds the key to open it, etc.

At the core, I feel like the difficult parts of this would be figuring out just how one might spawn a key with a configurable code, a keylock with a configurable code, and be able to track that specific key in an inventory.

Here's the list of features I'd need to make this happen.

1) Event Manager Integration
    :
    • Containers can be marked for spawning a key(s), either statically or set to randomize/round-robin the key(s) to different containers.
    • Options to have the selection of which containers to spawn the keys in be scripted either on a timer, driven by a standardized API trigger-event (example: API to support something like Zone Manager in such a way to allow for the entering of a zone to be a trigger-event), or to always be spawned.
    • Option to lock containers from being looted only by a certain Event Manager team designation(s).
    • Container spawn points managed by Event Manager/Spawns Database.

2) Key Mechanics:
    • Box/Container (anything that can hold items and be opened basically): Spawns key(s) with a code that will open a key-locked door(s) of matching key code.
    • Key Looted from box: Track it in the inventory of who looted it with a configurable timer before it de-spawns from their inventory.
    • Key Holding Player Dies: Key in their inventory de-spawns quickly (or immediately, and handle cases where the body containing the key de-spawns, such as when the 'no corpses' setting in Zone Manager removes the body containing the key.
    • Key De-spawned: Re-spawn key in container it came from, or optionally allow it to be spawned in a different container.
    • Key Used with its door(s): Key de-spawns from inventory and is taken out of the Event. The door it opened remains opened until the event is reset.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
  2. Ended up writing it myself thanks.