KarmaSystem

Moved

Total Downloads: 272 - First Release: Jun 21, 2017 - Last Update: Jun 22, 2017

5/5, 2 likes
  1. Ryan submitted a new resource:

KarmaSystem - Allows players to upvote/downvote other players

Read more about this resource...

2. Looks nice! But is this default for all players or with permissions?

3. Default for all

4. Needs strict rules for what good and bad karma is.

Good Karma:
    • Giving a pleb a boonie hat
    • A friendly guy you'd let have your guest code, but not main code

Bad Karma:
    • Killing nakeds
    • Raiding someone who didn't want to be raided
    • Killing me, while I'm naked
    • Killing me, while I'm geared
    • Camping my door
    • Toxic on microphone
    • Meme profile picture
    Please enforce these rules in the plugin.

Thanks

/s

5. I have a couple of hopefully easy requests

/karma top - displays the top 10
    /karma bottom - displays the bottom 10
    /karma playername - to display a specific player's karma

6. Yep possible, I will work on this tomorrow maybe. Hoping to get to work on the addons also.

7. great plugin, i would like to see better chat titles implemented, and possible tiers so different titles for milestones can be added into it. thank you. btw. also a gui would be sweet, this is on par with the humanity plugin, but i can see this being the thing on my server, to help players distinguish themselves, also maybe add ability to have color code aura system or something, possible usiing directdraw, to maybe have player screen flash when in presence of different karma levels. just some ideas. thanks again!

8. In console (Hurtworld) I get these errors. From what I can tell plugin is functioning but just with these errors.
    Code:
    23:45 [Error] Failed to call hook 'upvoteCmd' on plugin 'KarmaSystem v1.0.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    23:45 [Stacktrace]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem+PlayerData].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem.CanVote (IPlayer player, IPlayer target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem.upvoteCmd (IPlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Code:
    22:15 [Error] Failed to call hook 'downvoteCmd' on plugin 'KarmaSystem v1.0.0' (KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.)
    22:15 [Stacktrace]   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem+PlayerData].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem.CanVote (IPlayer player, IPlayer target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem.downvoteCmd (IPlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.KarmaSystem.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2017
  9. I'll look into this, thanks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498143296][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Found the issue, will post it with the update when I'm done with all the feature requests.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498143419][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks for filling my mind with ideas haha, the UI is definitely a plan of mine. The others are good ideas too, especially the BetterChat tags.

10. Ryan updated KarmaSystem with a new update entry:

11. I would also like to see implementation of ddraw red player names on screen instead of the white. And blue or green or purple maybe option to change and set colors. 3 colors one for each. Or you can do levels of each. So pastels for helpfull and dark colors for evil

12. Anything that can associate with The player as negative karma. Name auto red. If positive karma. Name auto blue... You can still have titles for the most murderous and saintly milestones. Like achievements. But it will go so much further if players can see some kind of sign a colored name tag or a direct drawn red or blue flash or aura on a player. So they can instantly tell if part of opposing factions. Maybe clans from opposing faction can have name colors incorporated somehow to allow for adjustments. Imagine a all PvP kos clan or a clan of helpers doogooders anti kosers forming to inhabit the map. Might be awesome... Just some food for thought. I really like this plugin and cannot wait to see where you take it. Great job!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
  13. Can you add a help command for this? For instance, like /karma help?

This way if someone doesn't know how to use it, admins can simply say type /karma help

Thanks!

14. Is it an idea to combine this with the karma kills plugin?

Like that players loose karma on killing nakeds or freshspawns and gain karma on killing players with a negative karma

15. Yes, but you can also use this universal plugin to let your players upvote and downvote eachother.

16. DELETED

I am terribly sorry, I red both plugins wrong. Thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
  17. +1 for Karma levels having the ability to grant/remove permissions. I'd like to be able to set it up so that players had the character choice, kind of like Fallout, to go negative and start to unlock cooler and cooler evil abilities while other players can choose to go straight positive by killing bandits and predatory animals to unlock peacekeeper permissions.

So with that in mind it would also be cool to be able to distinguish karma gains/losses based on which types of player and what type of animal is being killed. Killing horses would lose karma and killing bears/wolves would gain karma.

Thank you for the plugin it's been a great start!

18. Is it possible to put in config whether or not it's allowed for votes to be changed? I'd like the option so politics could change on the server and I could really make voting karma count when it's switchable. Again, thank you for your time and work!

19. When you have the time, can we get Resource IDs for this and KarmaKills? Thanks!

Updater | Oxide