1. Ever since oxidemod.org went down on Friday, I havent been able to use my servers "Mod Manager" feature to reinstall Oxide.

Error - Could not find file 'C:\TCAFiles\Users\4df4172c\Oxide-Rust.zip'.

How do I manually install Rust on a TCAdmin server? I opened "File Manager" and got the latest build from GitHub manually, and I have replaced the files manually, but now my server won't start up and I'm not sure where the log is to find out why my server wont start.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Oxide downloads are not hosted on oxide mod.org, they are hosted on GitHub.com. While it was quite the coincidence that they both had issues at the same time, the reasons were unrelated. The change with GitHub.com had to do with them now requiring TLS 1.2 for connections to the site, which some older software and such does not support without updates. If you are having an issue with this, you'd really need to contact your host for them to update to support the changes with GitHub. I doubt your host allows uploading all of the files via the File Manager though.

3. Ive contacted them on Day 1 and this was the response I get.

Also,

Mind you, I was the one who showed them the Oxide team's twitter, and all they did was respond to me with the above message when I tried to give them a valid download link for the latest builds.

Not really sure how to proceed. My server has been down 3 days now and I'm sure all my players are gone minus the core.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, to start with, this is with GitHub.com, not our site and not for downloading plugins. If they do not want to update to support modern security standards, then they'll likely have more issues down the road with other sites as they start requiring that. The GitHub changes was not something we control, so they can either update for it else use an alternate download link such as those from our build server at AppVeyor.com. If they aren't sure how to resolve it, feel free to refer them to me and I can help them enable TLS 1.2 support on their servers else provide them with an alternate link to download Oxide builds that do not require TLS 1.2 yet.

5. Do you know of any resource that has TLS 1.2 compliant server hosts? I'd rather run with hosting companies that keep their product up to date and help their customers instead of pointing fingers and playing the blame game.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm sure it's something they can fix for you, it just sounds like they're a bit confused. Since TLS 1.2 support is something that isn't really a feature you advertise, you'd like have a hard time finding a host that specifies that without asking them. The GitHub change seems to have come out of nowhere as I don't recall seeing any notice about, so I can understand the blame. :p

7. I'm really hoping that they can help. I have referenced this thread for them and also sent them another support ticket. I was going to pack up and go because it didnt seem like they were willing to help or even knew how to help, but their hosting has been great up until this point.

Hopefully they can figure out how to allow it's users to download Oxide. That is a real shame that we cannot install manually to servers. I'm at the mercy of the host updating its Mod Manager information and I'm not too happy about that in of itself.

Thanks for the fast responses and clarification. Much appreciated.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If they have a method for me to contact them, that’s fine too. It is a pretty painless and simple fix either method they pick.