HumanNPC

Adds interactive Human NPCs which can be modded by other plugins

Total Downloads: 24,392 - First Release: Mar 25, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

4.93233/5, 133 likes
  1. Did the update break this plugin completely?

2. Well, i added a kit with clothparts in it, but cant access the NPC inventory to put the cloth on the npc.

3. When you make your kit and type /kit items to copy your current inventory as usual clothes need to be in the same clothes slots you wear. They obviously won't wear clothes if the clothes are sitting in the kit's inventory and not on the clothes boxes.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1517499634][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This plugin itself works fine, The dependencies (Waypoints, Pathfinding) are broken as of writing this.

4. I have two problems.
    1. NPC shoot only in very short distance like 1m. They chase but doesnt shoot until they reach right next target.
    Of course, I set both damagedistance, attackdistance long enough like 50,100.
    2. When player's killed by NPC, report button show up to player.
    Is this normal? I don't want them report my NPC for no reason :).

5. Got it running, thank you

6. OMG! DOOD! NO WAI! I REPORT UR BOT, HE USES SCRIPTS!

XD

7. when i put ANY text in where you can have the bot speak something in text.......it breaks the plugin. any idea how to fix?/

8. Often it could be as simple a thing as a single quote or bracket missing in the whole JSON file. Try COPY the entire code from the JSON for HumanNPC and paste it here: (The JSON Validator) to check the json file for any errors.

EDIT: Also don't ever use " or ( or [ if you can avoid it when making NPC speech. Use ` and ' to simulate quotes. (Unless someone knows of a code for JSON that substitutes the " quotes.)

9. CRITICAL ERROR!!!
    Hello. I can not understand how to contact the plug-in developer.
    The problem is this: bots do not attack players. More precisely attack only when a certain trigger triggers. For example, if the bot was attacked by a player. I seem to have found where the error is. In the part of the code that is responsible for finding targets, there is an operator that is not in the LUA language. Because of this, there is no update of the targets and the bot runs past the players and ignores them. Here is the unit responsible for finding goals
    void UpdateTriggerArea()
    {
    colliderArray = Physics.OverlapSphere(npc.player.transform.position, collisionRadius, playerLayer);
    foreach (Collider collider in colliderArray)
    {
    cachedPlayer = collider.GetComponentInParent<BasePlayer>();
    if (cachedPlayer == null) continue;
    if (cachedPlayer == npc.player) continue;
    collidePlayers.Add(cachedPlayer);
    if (!triggerPlayers.Contains(cachedPlayer)) OnEnterCollision(cachedPlayer);
    }
    foreach (BasePlayer player in triggerPlayers) { if (!collidePlayers.Contains(player)) removePlayers.Add(player); }
    foreach (BasePlayer player in removePlayers) { OnLeaveCollision(player); }
    collidePlayers.Clear();
    removePlayers.Clear();
    The operator continue does not exist in the LUA language. Please who has this opportunity to contact the developer and pass it on. It is necessary to replace this code. I apologize for my English, I write through the translator Google

10. I'm sorry, the plugin code is written in C #, but the problem remains, the bots ignore the players until they are attacked

11. @Nogrod could you please let us know if you're planning to update this plugin anytime soon? It looks like it's pretty broken right now - hostile NPCs shoot once and then run to you in a straght line to stand face to face and only then proceed to start shooting again...

A reply would be much appreciated - thanks.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which Oxide version are you currently using? You can check using the oxide.version console/chat command.

13. First off, thank you for the plugin. I was wondering if there's a way to reduce the accuracy of the NPC's. I see the "hitchance" setting, but I am unclear on what value to set. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

14. Code:
    oxide.version

Protocol: 2062.158.1
    Build Date: 03/01/2018 16:53:05
    Unity Version: 2017.1.3f1
    Changeset: 25760
    Branch: release
    Oxide.Rust Version: 2.0.3842

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It looks like you're a bit outdated, I'd suggest updating.

16. Anyone?

17. Thanks for pointing that out. I just updated Oxide and Rustserver and it didn't change a thing regarding NPC behaviour.

Also, is there an actual changelog describing what each server update brings? Not talking about the game devlog but a changelog strictly for game server.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Should have, because what you described was an issue with hooks that was fixed. Rust has playrust.com for changes.

19. What if I did not notice any difference?... I mean, is there anything else I can check/do to make sure the problem is not on my end?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1520379467][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I believe you set it between 0 and 1 where 0 is like almost a 0% to hit and 1 is like almost 100% to hit the player.

20. Hello I wanted to know if it was possible to combine the Bounty plugin and the one to make NPC that when dead give rewards. Or is it possible that the NPC execute a server command when it died? Thank you for your help :)