1. at first: sorry for one more such thread, but other's meant knowlege some basics, which i don't have)

and sorry for my english, it's not my main one

So.. There is the questions i have for now:
    1. which language can be used for development, which i should prefer. In other threads i found mention about JS/lua/Phyton/C#. Also there is mention about framework. I know none of them, so which should be learned at first. (i have programming expirience, but it's totaly far from those, i mentioned earlier). Found some interesting (i think) thing for start here, but i can't even read the code, bacause idk language of it.
    2. which tools i need
    3. where i can get info about things/methods/functions i can get using oxide extension and how i should use it.

I had some more question, but i forgot them. I guess i don't realy need it for now.

thx.

1. It depends on what languages you know and what languages you want to use, there is no language that "should be used for development". You don't have to learn a framework, you only need to learn how to work with Oxide (which could be considered a framework, but you really need nothing but Oxide).
    2. A text editor and a decompiler. For C# you're probably best off with Visual Studio, while for the other languages Sublime Text may be sufficient. You need a decompiler to understand the structure of the Rust server side and make use of it. I personally use ILSpy.
    3. Some basic info can be found under Rust, the rest you'll have to scrap together yourself using existing plugins and by decompiling RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  2. If you don't know any language I recommend you start with C#, I started with C# and I picked it up pretty quick. Get yourself a copy of Visual Studio and
    set it up using this tutorial --> Setting up a C# workspace in Visual Studio 2015 | Oxide
    Be sure to get a decompiler like sqroot said so you can reference from assembly, there are plenty of free ones available. Check out the docs sections for hooks etc and the best source for information and examples are existing plugins. Quite a few dev's leave notes in their plugins which makes it handy to work out what is going on (I don't because I'm lazy :p).

3. thx a lot. already got C# book.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455611557,1455526899][/DOUBLEPOST]got new question: how to load/unload plugin dynamically without stop/start server. i noticed, that when put or delete plugin from plugin directory while server is runing, it's load/unload automaticaly. is there any command, i can use with server console so i can load/reload/unload plugin while testing/upgrading without restarting server?

4. oxide.load <plugin name>
    oxide.unload <plugin name>
    oxide.reload <plugin name>