1. I have noticed that they are very much like yaml code am I wrong? I used to host all forms of MC in the day and the plugins are like these. as in the PEX. If not where can I go to to find basic tutorials on these plugins.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The config files for plugins are JSON files (JavaScript), the plugins themselves are generally written in C# (CSharp). What exactly are you needing help with?

3. Practically how to install and baisc over view of them. I know that will take time. I use gameserver to hostmy own dedicated server so I dnt have as many steps as others. guess the main question is are there any tutorials that you recomend on you tube. dnt want to waste time on the wrong info.

I will just attack it. gotat learn sometime right,lol. I need the Filzilla client correct? been over 3 yrs since i done anything like this . Forgot man sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2016
  4. This simple site will help alot of your nightmares and will reduce common repetativness. This Online parse does many different typing errors. Online YAML Parser

Always when your tweeking you server always use the parse to see if correct

Under the first block u will have options of json, python.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is a YAML parser. It will only help you with the Reign of Kings permissions file, not any from Oxide.

6. k thought at the bottom of the first block it gave options of json etc. sorry trin to help

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't want to parse YAML To JSON. If you want to validate any Oxide plugin configs as valid, use a site such as JSONLint - The JSON Validator.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugin configs can be edited with any plain text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ (don't use Word or Wordpad). The plugins can be installed via FTP to the oxide/plugins folder, or via your host's control panel if they provide a method.

9. Sweet thanks. Been a while since I did this and just have to jump in.

10. Sweet thanks. Everything I understood about yaml and json are that technically YAML is a superset of JSON. This means that, in theory at least, a YAML parser can understand JSON, but not necessarily the other way around. Didnt know that thanks again and thanks for the json site.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I wouldn't consider YAML a superset of JSON, but pretty much any file format can be converted using an appropriate parser.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Oxide mod? Downloads link at the top of the page, then the RoK icon.

13. K still slow here. Is the oxide a single mod or is is the mod list within. I see alot. I thought the oxide mod was on that helps segway the other mods. Told u been a way awhile. sorry.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly, but Oxide is the mod, and then there are plugins for Oxide. The plugins are under the Plugins section, and require the actual Oxide mod to be installed for them to be loaded.

15. I found it on my gameserver host they have their own way of installing the "oxide mod" I just couldnt find it on the website sorry. but I did find in my host.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most hosts download it from our GitHub snapshots, which is the same as linked through our site here: Oxide for Reign of Kings | Oxide.

17. Thanks you been very helpful and sorry for the same mundain questions.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem, here to help.

19. Ok Just installed the wartime.cs. I took it to save/oxide/plugins and put within and restarted and still shows nuthin.