Rust GUI admin panel

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by isuelt, Sep 4, 2015.

1. How about a GUI interface for Admin functions. If you could combine actions of the alias plugin ( Alias System for Rust Experimental | Oxide ) and a GUI interface you could issue commands as the admin.

Example :
    So let's say a section of the GUI will list all active players and if the admin want a player TP'd to him then he can click on the player's name and the plugin would issue the chat command /tp [player name] [admin name] and TP the player to the admin. It could be "point and click" !

This is all similar to how the Shop plugin is being converted to a GUI plugin.

2. I thought of using the alias plugin ( Alias System for Rust Experimental | Oxide ) to create shortcut commands for VIPs to use the Sign Artist plugin command to load their saved images to a sign, (since the save command is not usable now) Instead of typing something like"/sil http://oxidemod.org/styles/oxide/logo.png" they could create their own alias command and instead type something like "/s1 or /s3" to upload their chosen images to a sign quickly.

Now with a GUI that could show images the player could pull up the GUI, feed it the image URL links and then when they want to upload a image to a sign simply type /s and click on the image, then bam! So easier interface, less typing and no need to use multiple alias shortcuts for different images.

It seems that if you know the GUI part then the rest is mostly done in the Alias plugin ( issue commands as the player" )

This could be expanded to a GUI type hub of player/admin actions and/or info, similar to how plugins use the Helptext plugin to give information from a central command.

This is all similar to how the Shop plugin is being converted to a GUI plugin.

3. Working on it. It will be simmilar to the server info plugin, just for admins with buttons and such.

4. AWESOME !! Can't Wait!

5. I was just modifying the ServerInfo plugin and wondered if it would be possible to create an Admin Control Panel GUI. I'm not 100% sure how to explain this plugin, but title kinda gives you an idea. But I made this in Photoshop to give you an idea.

Attached Files:

6. you can't make text boxes in the GUI

7. The biggest issue with admin plugin is that it needs to select players. Without dropdown, scrollbox, textbox there are not really a lot of options.

8. You could make a list of players. But that wont work on server which got hundrets of them
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442466531][/DOUBLEPOST]I got some important code in my mind already. I gonna try actually building it up. Got lots of projects in the few days and weeks..

9. You should take a look at Renebs new plugin. It seemy like thats what you may have wanted.