Rust Gender/sex change

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by _cj, Apr 9, 2016.

1. _cj

_cj

Due to the new update , players want a sex change!
    We have come a plugin for sex change ?
    It is very important now .

2. Gender/Sex is based on your SteamID. Only way I can think of changing it is to family share your game with another account you have created. Of course this creates a entire new SteamID so you will have lost all progress in that game(Steam inventory, server inventorys, blueprints, etc.)

3. _cj

_cj

I agree , but there are variables -gender -1, perhaps it affects the player's gender ? Earlier there was an opportunity to change their sex , regardless of the ID.

4. I found a way to see if a player is (x) gender:
    Code:
            [ChatCommand("test")]
            void PleaseTest(BasePlayer player)
            {
                if(IsMale(player))
                {
                    SendReply(player, "MALE!");
                }
                else if(IsFemale(player))
                {
                    SendReply(player, "FEMALE!");            
                }
                else
                {
                    return;
                }
            }        public bool IsMale(BasePlayer player)
            {
                return (this.gender & EntityLink.Gender.Male) != (EntityLink.Gender) 0;
            }        public bool IsFemale(BasePlayer player)
            {
                return (this.gender & EntityLink.Gender.Female) != (EntityLink.Gender) 0;
            } 

5. Kudos (in advance) to whom ever can make a mod that allows Gender change. my character who is also the admin "Texas Rust Town" gets hit on now and as a man I don't want "man boobs" :)

also would be cool if FP/Rust would add Wigs made from Horse hair :)

6. I second this.

7. pleeeeeeeeeeease someone
    i'm made to a girl forever and i can't stand it :D i'm not girl, you can hear me i'm not soo
    i'm on the verge of buying a new game and ditching my whole steam account so i'd probably even pay for a plugin to do this ^^
    and this is very annoying because i have 30 games and run 5 servers 1 rust

8. ive tried looking but couldn't find anything that allowed me to change the gender :-(
    But in saying that I have a lot less experience than others.
    Also in saying that I dont really care the gender of my in game character, I only ever wanted to see if its possible for when making videos in it.

9. I would say maybe a way to change the game mechanic to just null out the detection of the steam id and then make a plugin to allow for gender change. But I don't know much about CSharp.

10. I think the problem there is the fact that rust probably would call your steam id straight from steam so you cant edit that, if you null it then the game would crash as its expecting a ulong number (7656119xxxxxxxxxx) also you cant just edit that when the game deals with it as that would mean it would count you as a different person, it would be like me changing your user Surf3r.. to someone elses when you use oxidemod.org.
    If that is possible it would not be ethnically correct as you basically are taking on the form of another account.
    I haven't had a good look through the dll but I would say that oxide mod would need to add a hook to be able to make that change, but I dont know if they will as it may get them in trouble, a similar example would be the item skins and how oxide can not alter that hence why the random skin mod had to get specific permission for it and can only generate random skins and not allow selections for players.
    still I will look from time 2 time and if I find something then ill check if its all ok to make as a mod.

11. Nope, it doesn't work this way. Rust client is tied to the original owners's SteamID and when you are playing from the another account (which is family account) the player model generated is exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
  12. I don't think gender or player skin color is quite the same as skins which you can buy from the steam store. I think it's more than "ethnically" correct, as you say.

13. Well the only way I can see to edit the gender in game will be to make a .dll that gains access to that area of the code, I dont see anything availalbe in what we have at the moment.

14. Make extension, will be as Rust:IO.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's a client-side thing, making it as an extension or a plugin won't matter.

16. Sorrow. :(

17. Never Mind

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  18. can we revive this idea and try to have customise players?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty sure it still isn't possible.

20. really? 90% of games have player customisations, im surprised about this if its client side it should be able to be done through a plugin or something.