Solved Donation system (paid $$$)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Skov, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Hi there. As the title says, I'm looking for a donation system.

Let's say I have a website for my server that's got register/login through steam, so that the website fetches steamID etc.
    This is obviously combined with web programming.

What I would like the plugin to do is:
    When the payment from the player goes through, the plugin fetches steamID or w/e Rust servers is using to identify a steam player, and adds the player to a specific user group.
    As you can imagine, we have several donation packages, so preferably it should be easy for an admin to add more than 1 usergroup to the config. At the same time, each package needs a unique identifier which can be tied to a specific usergroup, so this should also be easily configurable by an admin.

E.g.: Package 1 = usergroup 1, Package 2 = usergroup 2
    1: Player buys 1 & 2, needs to be placed in both u.g. 1 and u.g. 2.
    2: Player buys 1, needs to be placed in u.g. 1

Don't worry about how the items are spread after this. If you're curious:
    The specific usergroup will have access to a certain kit, which can be used once every cycle (inbetween 2 wipes).

There's money in this if you can pull through. Reply here and we'll have a conversation where we can discuss the different matters of this subject.

2. While this is a great idea, I think its also a bad idea.

Why can we not just host our server and enjoy the fact that people want to play on it without there being an offer of "Pay to Win" ?

I see the reason in doing it, To less' the burden of the server expense but, what is the real reason of hosting the server to play on ?
    Rust servers now turn into miniature cash houses?

3. That might as well be, but that does really belong in discussion now, doesn't it?

4. i am also interrested in a plugin like this and whillling to pay for it :)

5. If you already have the online store setup that handles payments and all you need to do is link it to your server I can do that for you. Aka if you expose an api to call that pulls all pending packages. Then an api to post when a package has been applied.

6. i dont got anything but i would use paypal if someone want to make it.

7. Yeah, I have the webshop up and it handles payments, but the steam integration is not in place yet. However, this is coming soon.

8. Looking for someone to help implement an automated donation system. This system would store how much money users donate, synchronize it with their Steam ID, and automatically place them into oxide groups accordingly, and a few other things.

Willing to pay well for your time!

9. I did exactly this for another server owner on here. He owns the code and might be willing to sell it to you. Talk to @Evano

10. He isn't willing to, so still looking for someone for this project. :)

11. Why don't you develop a free website with donate button? It works great for me!

12. I have a website, and a donate button. I'm not sure you get what I'm looking for. Basically I'm looking for a system that automatically adds these donations (via. a Steam login) to a database, and automatically assigns the necessary usergroups via the RCON.

13. Now I get your point! I have the same system. (player donates->Put player in usergroup manually->player can redeem items) It is much easier when the second step will be automated.

If you want I can pay a part of your bill if you agree;)

14. hmm i can do exacly this its very simple i just setup a system using instant payment notification, but the user must enter their steam id at payment page, then i insert into a mysql database, then read from that in game, its very simple i could set a 2 minute timer to check for donators and add them to w.e group they paid for (if they are offline i will make it set when they login also and ofcouse i will only make it check once automatically if the player is online to set the permission if not itll do it when he loggs in) then you can just note at site delievery within 2 minutes or i can make it so they type a command ingame to set their group i suggest first method, just curious how much are you paying ?

it would probilly take me about a hour or a hour and a half to get it perfect
    cause its php/html/paypal/mysql/c#

15. Blalalalalaop I got this one boys and girls

16. @dcamire11

I can help pay too. ;)

17. Why doesn't someone (a group) make a public version of this? A system like Buycraft for Minecraft will get you tons of money if you add premium plans etc.
    I would totally do that if I had the free time but such a huge project can't be done and maintained by one person :p

18. Pay-2-Win doesn't belong in Rust IMHO.

19. It's not always Pay-2-Win ;)
    For example: On my Minecraft server I give out cosmetical items/changes/commands to donators.
    They don't give you any ingame advantage. Also how does it matter? If people want to pay to win, let them do so.

20. Just voicing my opinion, lots of players will be turned off by a system that gives any advantage to players for money. Cosmetics is fine of course.