1. Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.exe
    Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

2. having the exact same issue trying to setup a new server any help on this @Wulf i have 3 other servers which do not have the problem but trying to setup a new server now and having these errors.

Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.exe

Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure

3. Exception while resolving plugin references (FileNotFoundException: D:\TCAFiles\Users\LeonardoS\23953\CSharpCompiler.exe)
    at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.PluginCompiler.SetCompilerVersion () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.PluginCompiler.CheckCompiler () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.PluginCompiler.EnqueueCompilation (Oxide.Plugins.Compilation compilation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.PluginCompiler+<>c__DisplayClass20_0.<Compile>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Compilation+<>c__DisplayClass23_0.<Prepare>b__0 (System.Object _) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4. what to do?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

6. Got some problems after update rust/oxide today. It says "Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.exe"
    "Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.)"

So if i download the plugin manually, where do i put it then? And should i use the exe version?.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The compiler (it's not a plugin) goes in your server root where RustDedicated.exe is.

8. Cheers Wulf.. I must be blind though, i don't seem to be having a RustDedicated.Exe. Server is hosted on a dedicated machine, not sure if that changes anything. Should it be in the "RustDedicated_Data" folder? Or Oxide one.

Thanks in advance :S.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd likely have to contact your host for resolve it then as they most likely do not allow .exe uploads.

10. Also having the same issues trying to start a new server. I have downloaded the compiler and placed it in the root with rustdedicated.exe however am I still experiencing the same issue

10:08 [Info] Loading Oxide Core v2.0.3792...
    10:08 [Info] Loading extensions...
    10:08 [Error] Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.exe
    10:08 [Error] Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure
    10:08 [Info] Loaded extension CSharp v2.0.3799 by Oxide and Contributors

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It will still show the error when doing an update check, but plugins would be compiled as long as you have it locally.

12. What is going on with this error?
    [Error] Couldn't check for update to CSharpCompiler.exe

Will the latest Oxide resolve this problem?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please see the above replies.

14. Same problem, Cant put CSharpCompiler.exe in it because im getting hosted trough FragNet,
    Acces denied because .exe file. Server broken for the time being

15. You the man. Much appreciated.

16. I messaged support for HostHavoc and linked them this thread and told them i need the new exe added and they took care of it for me, back up and running.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The .exe isn't new, it just isn't being downloaded on new server installs if it's not already there.

18. Quick dumb question: Where does the Linux compiler go?
    I just grabbed the latest CSharpCompiler.x86_x64 .. which folder does this go to?

19. Just curious is CSharpCompiler.exe was unable to check for updates because related with oxide and site were down yesterday. Tried to download plugins but site were offline.