Allows users to locate their latest corpse

Total Downloads: 939 - First Release: May 16, 2018 - Last Update: Jun 8, 2018

5/5, 3 likes
  1. shinnova submitted a new resource:

Corpse Location - Allows users to locate their latest corpse

Read more about this resource...

2. shinnova updated Corpse Location with a new update entry:

3. Hi, I'm currently using WheresMyCorpse

Can you advise me of the advantages of this plugin? Is it that it draws an arrow? Where's My Corpse just advises direction and distance in chat.

4. I doubt there's a real-difference in result, beside that this here does tell you a grid location :p
    I wonder me anyway why it got approved...but idc

5. While WheresMyCorpse provides you with distance and direction to your corpse, this plugin provides distance and grid. It's not meant to compete with WheresMyCorpse, but rather provides an alternative way of finding your body.

6. Thats not my point. A functional merge would be more user-friendly. But that's what the project should deal with in the future, and not your fault :) Regards, Fuji

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2018
  7. Code:
    (23:31:16) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityDeath' on plugin 'CorpseLocation v1.0.1' (JsonSerializationException: Self referencing loop detected for property 'normalized' with type 'UnityEngine.Vector3'. Path 'deaths.76561198068680166.normalized'.)
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.CheckForCircularReference (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty property, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract containerContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.CalculatePropertyValues (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty property, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract& memberContract, System.Object& memberValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonWriter writer, System.Object value, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContainerContract collectionContract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty containerProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
  8. Do you know what caused this error to appear? I personally haven't seen this happen.

9. You might need more npc filters. this is overkill, on line 67:
    if (entity is BaseNpc || entity is NPCPlayerApex || entity is NPCPlayer || entity is Scientist || entity is NPCMurderer)

This can happen when they run BotSpawn, RadtownAnimals etc. and spawn in NPCs.

10. Unless I've misunderstood something, line 64 and 65 already check against all of these except Scientist and NPCMurderer. We run BotSpawn ourselves and there hasn't been a case where these checks aren't enough. But if you run into a case of NPCs being logged, do let me know and I'll add the filters!

11. BaseNPC is a variant of BasePlayer, naughty face punch reused BasePlayer for NPCs.

12. Interesting. I'll give filtering for BaseNPC a go then!

13. shinnova updated Corpse Location with a new update entry:

14. Well, I've been having issues with Where'sMyCorpse so I switched over for now.

I like the grid, but would really like to see direction. Ideally having some indicator on LustyMap would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
  15. A LustyMap indicator is a good idea, I'll look into it! Direction will not be added though. That would turn this plugin into a replacement for WheresMyCorpse, while it's made to be an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2018
  16. @shinnova I'm seeing that it doesn't record the location a lot. Many times it just says unknown when using the /where command. I have admin rights, but I'm not invisible or anything when I get killed.

17. @Tunnleram could you reload the plugin and test if it still says "unknown"?

18. Resting the plugin worked. Thanks.

19. shinnova updated Corpse Location with a new update entry:

20. any difference between this plugin and wheresmycorpse?
    WheresMyCorpse