1. how plugin that will work as well a betterchat ??

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure what you're looking for, could you explain a bit more?

3. So once and awhile you will text in chat then u cant type again bc the chat laggs

4. are you useing betterchat ?
    Because When I'm useing betterchat my whole game is lagging from it and when uninstall it the lags are gone

5. yea i was anyway theres another chat tags i can use?

6. Yes use HWClans just remove your betterchat plugin because before it was unvial plugins it was working good but now its sucks.
    I'm just using the chat from the game self and that is perfectly by me,
    and also with HWClans that is a good combination

7. It's related to the anti-chat-spam function kicking in when the server sends a message, it mutes the client receiving the message. It should exclude server messages so it's client only, but it doesn't. (possible fix to this please @cowtrix ?)
    Try this see if it resolves your issue:
    In the F1 Console (As Admin) type: rcon chatspambudget 1000

8. This would suggest to me that server messages are being sent incorrectly (perhaps with ChatManagerServer.SendText() instead of ChatManagerServer AppendNoticeAll?) which would be dictated by the Oxide hooks. @Wulf might have more insight into this.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ChatManagerServer.Instance.RPC("RelayChat", uLink.RPCMode.Others, message);

10. I also have the same problem with freezing the chat.

11. I have also nailed the chat lag down to a couple other things. When the clans data file gets too big, for example. I have learned to just reset the clans every wipe now. Also it seems ReservedNames causes some chat lag when its data file gets too big. That one is a bit of a pain to deal with because it will restore all previous reserved names unless you stop the server, delete the plugin, reinstall the CS file and restart the server. It has become quite problematic as my reservednames data file becomes big very quickly. I attempted to resolve by shortening the time names are reserved, it only helped a bit.... not completely. Also when this file gets too big it can also increase general lag and induce lag spikes, as it begins lagging the server by more than 300ms when it updates its data file.

12. how to repair betterchat?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That reply was not to you, that was telling @cowtrix what we use in server.Broadcast right now.

14. this problem can be solved only by the developer of the game?

15. Can we please clarify if this is client side lag or server side lag?

Is the issue causing massive FPS spikes? Or just that messages sent to the server become unresponsive?

There isn't really much the that a plugin can do to lag the client, as even if it was spamming heaps of text, we only output 8 lines to the UI components at a time. If anything I would say the plugins are consuming too much CPU time on the server doing string processing and becoming unresponsive.

A good test of this would be get someone to drive a vehicle while another person types in text while the plugin is having the issue. If the vehicle stops moving but camera is still smooth during the interruption, you have a server issue.

16. Most of what you said is incorrect and the cause of the problem has already been stated. This has nothing to do with performance.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

PS. @Speno is the lead Hurtworld dev, not sure if you knew. ;)

18. Actually, dont know if it helps, but every chat lag is easy to fix with a false chat command.
    For example, BetterChat (or whatever plugin) gets this chat lag, the world still works, but the chat not.
    Type in the chat /f or /whatever, and the chat will unlag.
    If someone would do a console spam-message /WrongCommand every 1 sec, then there would be no chat lags anymore. But IDK how to realise it.
    Btw, you dont need to be an admin for fixing the chat this way

19. I did not! I also miss-read the post, late nights and lack of sleep :(
    Now I feel like an idiot lol
    [DOUBLEPOST=1480954187][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's funny that you mention 8 lines, because it is exactly 8 lines of text before the chat stops updating for the client. I'm pretty certain however that the CPU load isn't a problem, because you could make a simple plugin to just send 9 lines of chat text and it would break the chat, in a bare bones plugin. There are many, including my own, complex plugins that have alot of things going on, but a simple command to display chat will make it freeze till what it seems like the chat buffer is emptied by more messages, then the messages you missed and those cut off from the command (if sending more than 8 lines) are then visible and the chat returns to normal.

Initially I thought this was a chat spam filter issue but that hasn't been working for a while and even if it was, there would be time of which you couldn't see the chat it all for a while, which you can actually fix quite reliably just by sending more messages.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2016