Ceiling wallhack

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by PerfecT9, Sep 27, 2014.

1. 1MA

1MA

I had the same problem on my server today, any plugins to help combat this?

2. sleepover[DOUBLEPOST=1411896964][/DOUBLEPOST]personnaly i found a worst hack, that is undetectable:
    Rust DIY ESP with Reflector & Reflexil[DOUBLEPOST=1411897018][/DOUBLEPOST]it's just a simple 1 word edition in your assembly-csharp and you get an easy ESP ..
    that will never be detectable by VAC ...

3. 1MA

1MA

Hi Reneb -

I use SleepOver but they still managed to get in the rooms.

I also use your Anti-WallLoot plugin. It seems they're still able to get around it?

4. really? did you try yourself ? to go on other players roof?

5. 1MA

1MA

Reneb -

I haven't been able to replicate it but it involves starting on the roof and going down. Around 20 houses got looted this way last night.

I use every single one of your R-Anti* plugins and they still bypassed it. I don't really know how to be honest.

6. no but i mean can you try to replicate it? just by respawning on someone else roof with the plugin sleepover.

7. 1MA

1MA

Reneb -

Upon further inspection, it seems they where using a NoClip hack or something by replacing files to see/walk through doors/ceilings/walls or something similar like that.

Any experience with that specifically?

8. yes but normally face punch detects that. but i guess they force it until they can go threw.
    as you can see in the post they need patience and will get kicked a LOT of time by face punch.
    i guess atm the only way would be to look in the console for all face punch kick spams. (people that get kicked by face punch like 3 times in a min or something)

9. 1MA

1MA

What about a script that automatically check's for kicks from Facepunch and if it's not a door violation, they get 2 violations before permanent ban.

Would something like that be possible?

10. no not possible the violation doesn't tell from what reason the guy gets kicked.
    i don't even think we can detect face punch kicks anyway :p

11. The problem with all the glitches/exploits is that the legacy build doesnt check for clientside file manipulations.
    It is possible to make your client dont display structures but let the server think its still there. Thats possible because some files are only checked for the byte size and not for changes so if you make changes that dont effect the size it wont be noticed.
    Im not sure if VAC picks these up though.
    You just have to accept that legacy is easy to exploit/glitch and Facepunch wont fix that.

12. 1MA

1MA

What about writing a plugin (easier said then done) that is client side, that checks against file manupulations... When joining the server, it does a hand shake with the server side plugin and allows them to connect.

No Plugin, no joining.

Similiar I suppose to Punkbuster?

13. Im pretty sure nobody will waste time for that. Doing anything for legacy isnt viable anymore as you can see on the numbers of people left that develope Oxide plugins for it.
    Rust legacy simply isnt relevant anymore.

14. 1MA

1MA

Reneb -

We've been able to reproduce the glitch that was used on our server last night.

Open a "certain file" (I don't want to publicize how to it) then replace WoodCeiling with WoodCei1ing and they can just drop through the ceiling, though it takes a few times I guess.

Any ideas how we can stop this? Maybe there is a simple Anti Ceiling Glitch you could write up to stop people from being able to get through ceilings

15. it's not the pb 1MA, i just want to understand why SleepOver isn't doing his job!!!!

16. 1MA

1MA

We didn't have to use a sleeping bag to get in, just changed the Ceiling word in the file like I said, so it allowed us to drop thru the ceiling.[DOUBLEPOST=1411905132][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay - upon further inspection. Once inside the house, a sleeping bag was placed and he was able to respawn without issue.

If you'd like to join the server, the IP is 91.121.80.38:28015

We are available to recreate it for you in real time if you'd like.[DOUBLEPOST=1411905903][/DOUBLEPOST]SleepOver is working fine in every other instance... 3 different people tested it, no issues, auto kills like it should...

But once glitched in through the ceiling, a bag was placed and there is no issue spawning.

One thing to note is there is a barricade through the wall that the "exploiter" (my friend) used to jump on the roof. Maybe this messed with the sleepover?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  17. no the sleeping bag should only detect structures :x

but i didnt understand what you said, is sleepover working or not XD?

18. 1MA

1MA

Sleep over works fine... unless you do the ceiling wallhack, then when you are inside the base, you can place a sleeping bag and it allows you to spawn there.

19. well that's the strange thing it shouldnt allow you to spawn