1. Hi guys,
    I have a problem.
    I tried to start my own rust server so i can play alone and botherlessly, i created it buy i cannot connect to it.
    I followed every and any step that Wulf described in his thread "Setting up a rust server with windows", done it with oxide, placed rust:io, but i can't connect. It is continuously telling me "Failed to connect" or something like that.
    I've installed vcredist_x64 and x86, set that descriptions like "-batchmode" in the "_start-example" windows batchfile. Double-clicking on "_start-example" opens the server but when i go to in-game console and type "client.connect 127.0.0.1:28015" or "client.connect localhost:28015" remain blocked for 10-15 seconds and then pops "Failed to connect".
    Need some help guys. Please. Thanks!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What does your startup .bat look like exactly? Are you setting +server.ip anywhere?

Also, could you provide a screenshot of your server console please?

3. i have made 2 screenshots, hope they are helping you...

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you attach or paste the start .bat here please?

5. the site is not allowing me to post it

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Copy the contents and paste it into the reply box.

7. @echo off
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.password "changeme"

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That should be fine, but you could try adding +server.ip 0.0.0.0 to see if it makes a difference. Is the server on the same machine as your client?

9. yes, it is
    just that they are not on the same folder, they have separate folders, like "Rust Client" and "rustsrv" (made with steamcmd)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463331601][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope...still "Connection Failed" even with that "server.ip" section in the .bat file...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463339078,1463330367][/DOUBLEPOST]Still waiting...i can't figure out what more can i do...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463343425][/DOUBLEPOST]Wulf...can you please reply faster? I really want to play this game...

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't see anything wrong with your setup and the server appears to be starting just fine. Did you allow it through the Windows firewall?

11. no world size or seed in your bat file

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those will not prevent it from being used or working, there are defaults.

13. I know was pointing out maybe he wants to add that info

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Maybe, but he'd likely want to get connecting working first. ;)

15. I could help him over skype but need a break still sick

16. Wulf: i allowed it through Windows Firewall, but i will try with WF off
    Resistance: it will be a great help
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463400359,1463387517][/DOUBLEPOST]Even with the WF turned off i can't connect to my server...

17. pm me your skype info will add you and help you asap

18. Hey Guys, I'm having the same problem right now can you please help me, I've done the exact same things that are listed and i still cant fully connect, it will connect but not load in or anything.

19. I cannot connect to my server either. Here is my server start.bat
    Code:
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname "MinkiSans Rust Server" +server.identity Games +server.maxplayers 40 +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password ********* +server.worldsize 6000 +server.seed 174665 +server.saveinterval 300 -logfile "output.txt"
    . The ports are open and configured correctly.

I have other games running on the server with no issues so know I can connect to the server. I have stopped everything running and tried Rust alone but the server starts and claims to be running I just cannot connect to it either via direct connect, Rusty or through steam server browser.

I really cannot understand why I cannot see the game. I bet its something simple but I cannot figure it out, any help is greatly appreciated.
    Minki

20. Your bat file has so many things missing try this one and make sure you delete the old one

Attached Files: