Solved Building outlines

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by GNSC4, Oct 30, 2014.

1. I would love to see a plugin that could do something for this not sure if it's posible to make a hud or something to do this but if possible it would be awesome.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not possible to manipulate the client UI right now. The only things you can do is send messages and possible prevent or trigger existing elements.

3. Ok ty[DOUBLEPOST=1414708889][/DOUBLEPOST]Would it be possible to set a location by placing a foundation and the plugin tell u if u are in line or out of line with the other foundation? Like when your lined up it posts a message saying in line or something of this sort

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

My gut tells me that it's not possible, but someone like @Reneb would need to comment as he has more experience with that.

5. I guess it's possible, but i'm not good enough in math for that :([DOUBLEPOST=1414794108][/DOUBLEPOST]I Will try to think of something, maybe detect all the sockets of à foundation and force the build on it. But not sûre i can

6. Ok, thank you. If you need help with math equations let me know my dads a chemical engineer with a major in math and was president of the maths honor society of the United states for 2 years

7. Hi Devs,

Any way to make a plugin that will help snap a foundation in line with the other that isn't touching?

ie. Have a foundation in one spot, run 100m, then place another in line with the first one?

This would help line up 2 buildings

Cheers!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415347662][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks Wulf & Reneb.
    Will be interesting to see what can be done! Everyone I know who plays rust always wants huge structures and bridges that line up :)

8. That is basically what he just said...

9. http://oxidemod.org/resources/build.715/
    with this you should be able to build an infinite bridge :p
    still an early release, i have big projects for this plugin :p
    but you can use it to make your bridge ;)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1415562945,1415414977][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG] :p

10. Reneb, you are a genius!!! This will be fun!

Will be adding this to my server shortly to make some kick ass structures :D Thanks a bunch :)

(Sorry for the late reply, haven't been online in a few days.)
    Really appreciate your hard work on ALL of your plugins :) - You bring that extra level of enjoyment of being a Rust admin :D