--- layout: forums title: 'BetterChat | Page 191' breadcrumbs: - "Plugin Support": "/forums/plugin-support.31/" ---

BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,200 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. oh my, thank you so much !
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483561049][/DOUBLEPOST]I have another question, If for example I want a specific Group to have access to a kit, for example a special kit with good stuff but only like donator can access it, I should do like

/chat group add "$$$"

Just to create the Group, but then what like how I add a command that only this group can use fo example /kit Donator, but that default players wont see it or able to use it.

2. I tried what you said but after every restart I am placed into owner and admin group still even after removing myself from it I am hust placed back in next restart

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Players are automatically added to groups based on their auth level in Rust, the same for other games and their admin modes. BetterChat has a setting to only show the highest group tag, which is mentioned in previous posts and in the FAQ I believe.

4. Yeah I changed the setting to only show the highest group tag and it still shows [ADMIN] [Owner] Before my name

5. See the kit plugin and look at my post on page 202
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483574471][/DOUBLEPOST]
    upload your groups file

6. Don't worry I have now fixed the problem

7. Thank you !

8. Check the Oxide tab, not Chat tab (in RustAdmin)! Check also the oxide/logs/ folder!

Ex: 15:24 [Info] [Better Chat] corto: quelqun recrute dans son clan? (copied from logs, shown in Oxide tab, in RustAdmin)

9. It's compatible, but you have to setup a regex

Code:
    {% raw %}
    \[Oxide\]\s[0-9]{1,2}:[0-9]{1,2}\s((A|P)M\s)?\[.*?\]\s\[Better\sChat\]\s\[.*\]\s(?<sender>.*?):\s(?<message>.*)
    {% endraw %}

10. How can i config some triggered messages in BetterChat with auto answers?

Example:

User: help
    automessage whispers to user (keyword help): How can i help u?

Is it possible?

11. 22:14:44) | Failed to initialize plugin 'BetterChat v4.2.12' (JsonSerializationException: No JSON content found and type 'System.Boolean' is not nullable. Path '', line 1, position 4.)

(22:14:44) | at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(22:14:44) | Unloaded plugin Better Chat v4.2.12 by LaserHydra

(22:14:44) | No previous version to rollback plugin: BetterChat

12. I tried. in the "Chat" tab shows what I write and player chat is not displayed. I tried both lines.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  13. That line fairly depends on if you have a server with PM/AM or 24h times. Also, mine didn't work. Mine doesn't work now also, because [Info] seems to be not added in anymore...

Can you paste one of the Chat lines in your Console window?

14. It disappeared the tag [Oxide], in fact also the "Oxide" tab isn't working.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483792270][/DOUBLEPOST]I found the exact regex:
    Code:
    {% raw %}
    ^\[Better\sChat\]\s\[.*?\]\s(?<sender>.*?):\s(?<message>.*)
    {% endraw %}

15. Chat no longer shows in the Oxide tab of Rust Admin, only shows in the Console Tab

16. Doesn't work. This is one of the Better Chat lines I have:
    (22:01:27) | [Better Chat] <username>: <text>

17. Guys quick question about the Plugin, Let's say I've made a Group named Player+, I want it to have a special kit for itself.

Let's say I made a kit with Bolt in it, how do I set the kit to be visible and usable for this Player+, Is there a command like grant group player+ XXX?

18. First make group player+
    group add player+
    Then make the kit with the permission
    /kit add "player+"
    /kit items description "Player+ reward" permission player+

Then add the player to the new group then add the permission kits.player+ to the player

19. Try this:
    Code:
    {% raw %}
    ^\[Better\sChat\]\s(?<sender>.*?):\s(?<message>.*)
    {% endraw %}