1. Hello,

Now that Garry has released the Rust legacy server to everybody (see this), are you planning to let everyone download Oxide too ? I would very like it ^^

Thanks for your answer !

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

3. Okay, thanks ^^

4. I would prefer an oxide (official mod set) but with the legacy server files released today some coder somewhere will bring out an easy setup program or a work around to run oxide plugins with or without your GPS software/code.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It could have been done before, but hasn't. The server files existed before official release. There wouldn't be much point in wasting time on making anything for Legacy though.

6. So as an admin/plugin dev. Do you think Oxide 1.8 should be released to the public now you are working on Oxide for experimental ?
    Do hosts have to pay for oxide?
    Can anyone obtain a oxide if they pay?
    I like oxide and have run it on all my Servers (hosted by gameservers and multiplay and would really like to run it on my private server.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't know, not really my decision to make. Hosts do not pay, it is currently only for Facepunch approved hosts (aka hosts with legitimate access to Legacy Rust server files.) The reason for this, is that modified/patched server files are distributed with the Oxide mod, so giving those files to someone not approved would be a bit backhanded. This may change now with all the server files public, but we'll see.

8. Thanks for the response, I understand why oxide was not released if it contains the server files. Now the server files are available and I imagine most of the revenue comes from donations, having your platform out there and available to the biggest amount of users possible would be paramount. Also gaining more users for when you release oxide for experimental. I see it as a win win situation for oxide to release the files. I really hope the decision makers within oxide see it the same way.

Thanks again Wulf,

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem, and I agree for the most part. :)

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is what this whole thread us about already. ;)

11. --' sorry ^^ tired :p

12. Waiting Oxide 1.18 for all! :)

13. For what its worth, it is not as simple as allowing us to download the existing legacy modded server files. These will not work with the version released publicly, as at the bare minimum the version publicly released has been compiled for a newer version of Unity.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  14. Facepunch has released the rust legacy files (unity 4.5) to the public which is why we would like oxide 1.18 also released to us.

the experimental branch of rust (unity 5) is also released and oxide are working on a version for those servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  15. i guess it would be nice if you were allowed to release oxide 1.18 to public, because more and more people are going to have private servers, so more and more will use oxide cracked 1.17.3, and we will have a lot of request for plugin support "for nothing" :x

16. I can release a simple patcher for plugin devs who want to mess around with creating new hooks if that interest anyone. I'm in the process of moving apartments but I should have my computer set up again this week. Let me know if this interest you, be mindful this will only benefit people with c# and IL injection experience.

17. aha i'd love to ^^
    (already know where i'm going to put: OnPlaceDeployable XDXDDXDD)

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

P.S. There isn't anything to "crack", it's just unofficial/unauthorized copies. ;)

19. any news :)? magma files are released to public now ^^