Analytics

Moved

Total Downloads: 614 - First Release: Oct 24, 2014 - Last Update: Sep 13, 2017

4.8/5, 10 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf submitted a new resource:

Analytics - Real-time collection and reporting of player locations on connect to Google Analytics

Read more about this resource...

2. Nice!!!

Love your "or" logic line in the loaddefaultconfig. Didn't realize LUA would handle that![DOUBLEPOST=1414163882][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Code:
    [Oxide] 10:15 AM [Error] analytics: [string "analytics.lua"]:35: attempt to concatenate field 'hostname' (a nil value)
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Upon disconnect of player...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  3. How are the player locations displayed in the analytic's?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Country generally.

5. Wulf not sure if you have seen this error but Analytics is choking on the url for the game. It was working fine until Friday's server update. Now it will resolve the url properly.

Cannot resolve default URL

Have you experienced this?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It doesn't do anything with any default URL. The only URL Analytics uses is the Google Analytics URL which is coded in, and it wouldn't give you a response.

7. Either way Google analytics has not picked up any data since Friday's update.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It is possible that your webrequest queue is full and stuck, which is a bug.

9. oxide bug?

10. Yes :(

11. Is this bust then? I've just installed it on my server but the apparently the tracking code isn't installed (have waited a few hours, maybe I'm being impatient?)

Also if this DOES start working, what kind of statistical feedback can I expect? Do features like Real Time overviews work with this?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You have to get the tracking code from your Analytics account and add it and reload the plugin. Real-time does work as well.

13. Yeah I've done this. I've tried leaving it for a few hours (since I made the post) but it's still showing up as not installed.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most likely your webrequests are not going through then, or the webrequests queue is filling up and not clearing which is an Oxide bug right now.

15. I'll just leave the plugin active and let it fix itself eventually then, no big rush for it. Thanks.

16. Does it works with the 2.0.229 ?
    I didn't see something on my Realtime Report. I tried both with Website/Mobile Apps tracking ID.

I put debug to true and I get this:
    2:07 PM [Info] [Analytics] Request URL: https://ssl.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1
    2:07 PM [Info] [Analytics] Request data: &tid=<secret>&sc=end&cid=76561198041668383&uip=<secret>&ua=2.0&dp=(FR) Protoxyde-Gaming - Admin/Airdrops/PvP/PvE - 24/01&t=pageview
    2:07 PM [Info] [Analytics] Response: GIF89a
    2:07 PM [Info] [Analytics] HTTP code: 200

Thanks for reply :3

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What page are you trying to view the realtime stuff on? It looks to be working fine for me.

7942abade9b4f61011813cecb99250fe.png

18. Weird, I am on my server and :
    [​IMG]

I don't know why :'(

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It might be something to do with your server name being as I don't encode the URL. I'll have to do some testing to see.

20. I was wondering if it was this. I'll edit your code quick to see if this is an issue with server name.

I edited this line:
    .. "&dp=Protoxyde-Gaming" --.. global.server.hostname

And it still doesn't work. I don't know what it's going wrong
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422552464][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems to work. Weird. Maybe delay or something like this. Thanks for help anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015