1. Since new rust update (or is it Oxide patch), I didn't change anything to my plugins and now when I spawn scientists on a monument (airfield building roof for example) 90% of the time they appear but 3 seconds after initialized they fall through the ground just like the raycast hitinfo didn't find the building and just spawn on the terrain. I spawn murderer types and they have no problem spawning on buildings. The problem is really about scientists. Do you think its a change to scientists on oxide or is it from rust update?

I also tried to use the console command "spawn scientist" and they do the same. They spawn on terrain, and some specific roofs but most of them (monuments) appear to be invalid and they return under it on the ground. So this isn't a plugin bug but more likely AI issue or world issue.

Using oxide Oxide.Rust 2.0.3993

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
  2. upload_2018-7-6_13-17-3.png
    upload_2018-7-6_13-17-16.png

while Murderers can spawn on every roofs (scientists don't)
    upload_2018-7-6_13-17-41.png

Attached Files:

3. Just saw rust update, patched my server and its fixed now. It was a rust issue indeed.

4. Welp, looks like the bug is still happening. Half of the time I can make them spawn on rocks, or top of buildings. Rest of the time they just ignore collision and spawn under buildings/rock. Can't know if this is really rust or oxide issue now :/ thought this was solved but no

5. I was playing with this the other day in BotSpawn.
    Whether they spawn on a low roof or on the ground inside the building depends on which has closer navmesh.

I was getting about 50/50 between inside/on roof at one of the gas stations because sometimes the spawnpoint had clear ground inside, and sometimes there was an obstruction like the shelves or other objects.
    When there was an internal obstruction, he'd pop up on the roof.
    Maybe that's what's happening for you?

Not sure if the same can apply to rocks, though.

6. Maybe you are right. I don't see other reason this can happen at a random time. It happened on rock too while sometimes they were spawning inside it too. I'm not expert but do you know how we can prevent this? like if I want it on the rock or building, what's the best thing to do to have 90-100% chance rate of having the result I want? :/ so this is rust update's fault?

7. Look at CalculateGroundPos in BotSpawn V1.3.7:
    If you want to ensure they never spawn inside rocks, include "World" in your raycast then check the out.collider.name.Contains("rock") and, if so, that's your point.
    If it doesn't contain "rock" I'm casting again but excluding "World" this time. That, in theory, means it's getting ground inside a building or structure, if there's one in the path.
    Not sure if there's a more efficient way, or if there circumstances I haven't considered where bots will end up inside something.