1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SweetLouHD

SweetLouHD Plugin Developer

Do you think it would be possible to add a custom item into the game?
    I had an idea for a RP mechanic that you would have to tame an animal (birds), craft a note, and send the animal to the other player with the message. This would be the only accepted method of chat style conversation in the server, at which point chat would only be allowed for out of character talking.

I would need to add a note and a crafting recipe.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

If you are thinking of physical items that require a new texture, model, etc, then most likely no, as the client would need to be modded as well as the server.

3. Sydney

Sydney Plugin Developer

Ive seen a server that added coins item. It had no image and no purpose but they used it as a trading thing. How can you do that?

4. Wulf

It was likely just an item that already existed, just given a purpose.

5. Sydney

Sydney Plugin Developer

Nope. The name was custom, it had maxstack of 10.

6. Wulf

Dunno then, @Mughisi may know more as he's dug around in the DLL a lot more than me. ;)

7. LaserHydra

LaserHydra Plugin Developer

if you use the RoK command giveall which gives you all items from Rok you also get a lot of likely unknown items also some which look like coins, I think they may have used those and somehow edited the properties of the item (name, stacksize)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  8. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Naked Wanderer

I'm trying myself to figure out how to extract the resource files. For coding I found something called dotpeek that supposedly can look at the source code.
    Right now I'm looking to create a new map for the game. Insane that the devs haven't released a SDK yet

9. Wulf

I doubt they will since the game was pretty much abandoned as far as I know.

10. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Naked Wanderer

It would seem so, I'm trying to find out how to just pull out the resource files even if I have to go though some reverse crazy hacker stuff to do it.
    I'm completely tired of the two maps.

11. Jacktheripper 2

Jacktheripper 2 Scavenger

You can do the coins for the animals and use them as trading. I've done this before.