1. Can't seem to find it under logs or in my files anywhere

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

In the server root, chatlog.txt. The oxide/logs folder is only from Oxide, the root logs folder is from SteamCMD.

3. Yeah I know, I was looking in the logs file which is right under Hurtword_Data. Also I seem to not have a chatlog.txt anywhere, any reason it might not show?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure the server is fully updated? Are you viewing via FTP?

69d3a4c3d85be534eaf9a177b6f5bdfb.png

5. Yeah it's updated, and I am viewing through FTP, maybe the host has it hidden for some reason? Screenshot

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could be, or the FTP is caching the view.

7. How could I disable is from caching the view?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would depend on which client you are using, I'd recommend searching its help section.

9. Alright thanks

10. hi all, was wondering, for this file, i see it on server, but it only logged chat for 3 weeks, and seems not any more be... is there a command to turn on and off this chat logging? cause it shows all commands players type in, and so need it to work.

(1/17/2016 7:54:30 AM) SteamID: Name: travp333 : /kitstarter
    (1/17/2016 8:41:04 AM) SteamID: Name: travp333 : /KI
    (1/17/2016 1:16:44 PM) SteamID: Name: darknessshadowdark : /kill
    (1/17/2016 7:55:47 PM) SteamID: Name: QUIKSILVER BR P.J.L : /PM
    (1/17/2016 7:55:52 PM) SteamID: Name: QUIKSILVER BR P.J.L : /pm
    (1/17/2016 7:56:04 PM) SteamID: Name: QUIKSILVER BR P.J.L : /help
    (1/17/2016 7:56:16 PM) SteamID: Name: QUIKSILVER BR P.J.L : /pm m4
    (1/17/2016 7:56:34 PM) SteamID: Name: QUIKSILVER BR P.J.L : /color

really don't want chat logs of actual chat, just the commands that players type in, to see who is being bad or nice.

having no luck on finding fix for this, mine only shows from like jan 17 to jan 22, and is no more logs.

peace peace =)

11. If server owners are using plugins who mess with OnPlayerChat, the chatlog.txt won't update anymore. Plugins like BetterChat, HWClans.

12. ahhh =( any other mods then for showing the /commands used, its the BetterChat, and HWClans install i have ... so like to see what /commands players are spamming.. anyone up to make this a new mod then ? thanks for the fast reply =)

13. I will update BetterChat to log to the chatlog.txt file.

14. TY =) cheers from canada

15. have you fixed this yet?

16. I don't think there's a way to intercept the chat commands and record what people are looking for other than to amend the plugins themselves to log each chat command used. Would be a great feature though but I'm sure@Wulf would have implemented a hook like this if it was possible

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Logger plugin logs what commands are used.

18. I stand corrected (happily, I might add)