1. Oxide for Rust Legacy has been discontinued and is no longer supported. No updates or additions will be made, and Rust Legacy-specific plugin submissions will no longer be accepted. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Rust as able.
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Where do I upload Oxide?

Discussion in 'Legacy Discussion' started by El Lindo, Aug 28, 2016.

1. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

Hello, I have a Rust (Legacy) server with SurvivalServers.com and have connected with their control panel via a FTP client. I've downloaded Oxide for Rust (Legacy) and I want to put it for my server, how can I do this? And where would I put the Oxide folder?
    Also, whenever I attempt to run the CSharpCompiler application, it says that I am missing a "mono-2.0.dll" file, although I can easily see that it is in the x86 folder (Oxide-RustLegacy> rust_server_Data> Managed> x86)
    I've added a picture of the files of my server from the host. Can anyone help me?
    ftpscreen.PNG

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

The CSharpCompiler is not meant to be ran directly, the server runs it as needed. The structure of the Oxide zip is exactly the same as your server's folder structure, just unzip it and upload ALL of the contents to your server's root where you see the matching folder names.

El Lindo likes this.
  3. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

Sorry if this is a rookie question, but what do you mean by my servers root? Is it shown in my screenshot?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2016 ---
    Also, there is no plugins folder within the Oxide files that I unzipped, so where would I place plugins? @Wulf

4. Wulf

Yes, the root would be what you showed me in the screenshot, you can see the matching rust_server_Data folder that Oxide also has in the zip you downloaded. The plugins folder is generated by Oxide along with other folders it uses. Once you start the server with Oxide successfully installed, the folder will be there.

5. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

So to clarify, I place the Oxide "rust_server_Data" into the rust_server_Data already in the server files, correct?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. Wulf

No, everything from the Oxide zip gets uploaded to the root, where ALL of the files are including that folder. Example: CSharpCompiler goes where rust_server.exe is.

7. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

Okay, I think I understand what your saying, hows my placement? The Oxide folder containing all of its unzipped files is highlighted. ftpscreenshot.PNG

8. Wulf

One folder too deep, that Oxide-RustLegacy folder is one you created by extracting to that folder, what you want is the contents of that folder into the root.

El Lindo likes this.
  9. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

Alright, its saying CSharpCompiler and start_example.bat failed to transfer, should I not worry about this?

10. Wulf

Yes, the CSharpCompiler is needed for the majority of the plugins on the site here. Your host should have a way to install Oxide via their control panel too, otherwise you'd need to contact them to install it for you.

El Lindo likes this.
  11. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

Alright, I contacted them and they added it to the files! I'll reply back here if I have any other issues, thank you so much. Lastly, is start_example.bat critical?
    Okay, Oxide is in. Do I put plug-ins here? @Wulf
    help.PNG

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  12. yVitaum

yVitaum Scavenger

To put the plugins is this image directory.
    To put the plugins is this image directory.
    With new updates oxide, the directory save/rust/oxide/plugins. It is where you will put the plugins.
    --> directory save/rust/oxide/config. It is where you configure the plugin, as time etc.
    --> directory save/rust/oxide/lang. It is where you configure the messages
    If I'm wrong, please correct me.

13. Wulf

serverdata/oxide/plugins

14. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

Perfect, I found it finally. And I change the plugin files from .cs to .json correct?

15. Wulf

No, . cs files are the plugins, do not rename anything. The . json files are config under oxide/config.

16. yVitaum

yVitaum Scavenger

I did not quite understand the question. But when you put a new plugin in the "plugin" , automatically creates a file in the "config" directory with the name of the plugin you entered, but with the .json extension. The same happens in the "lang" directory.

17. El Lindo

El Lindo Naked Wanderer

I got plugins working. Thank you so much for your time and patience. I really appreciate all of your help, have a great night! :)

18. Wulf

There are config files and there are lang files, entirely different purpose but the same file format hence the same extension.