Weather Controller

Allows you to control the weather.

Total Downloads: 12,558 - First Release: Jun 26, 2015 - Last Update: Feb 9, 2017

5/5, 27 likes
  1. full command you used

2. Yeah i type the /weather rain and that comes up when i look at my rusty admin tool

3. You typing that command in game chat?

4. You can't use the command from the console, and that's an invalid command.

The front page of this plugin has command instructions.

5. Code:
    [Oxide] 7:40 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'WeatherCommand' on plugin 'WeatherController v1.4.0' (IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.)
    [Oxide] 7:40 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.WeatherController.WeatherCommand (.BasePlayer player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.WeatherController.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

6. commands need to be done in game chat box only

7. Awesome job! Works :)

8. starts the server automatically when it's raining. and it doesn't stop. change the default weather?

9. Is there a new permission, because canuseweather does not exist.

10. please add grant <group|player> <group name|player name> weathercontroller.canUseWeather as the needed permission to stop confusing users

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

How is it confusing? The current permission is weathercontroller.canuseweather, though I'm sure it'll be changed so the warning goes away on load. "weathercontroller.use" would likely be what would be used later, no need to make it overly long. ;)

12. if you try oxide.grant group admin canUseWeather you cant an error and it dosent work. I mean after looking thu the support thread I figured it out. Was just a suggestion.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What error are you getting exactly? There should be no error if you are using the official version.

14. I am seeing this when trying to use /weather max

Code:
    [Oxide] 23:45 [Error] Failed to call hook 'WeatherCommand' on plugin 'WeatherCon
    troller v1.4.0' (IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.)
    [Oxide] 23:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.WeatherController.WeatherCommand (.Base
    Player player, System.String command, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filena
    me unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.WeatherController.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.
    Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (System.Reflection.MethodInfo metho
    d, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[]
    args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[]
    Tried reloading the plugin and still not fixed.

I can use /weather auto and /weather off. But not max, heavy etc.

15. > grant group admin canUseWeather
    [Oxide] 23:02 [Info] Permission 'canUseWeather' doesn't exist

Tried to give the permission after I added myself to the admin group, just to be denied access Q_Q

16. The instructions fail to give you the whole permissions line. Use this.

grant group admin weathercontroller.canUseWeather

17. Thanks that worked instantly.

18. Hello. I want forever off all weather on the server. I need to use the command /weather off after each restart or only one time?

19. you could try to load these variables on start with value "0" << (ZERO).
    This would stop any weather.

If its not working on startup, try with the Plugin Auto Commands for Rust | Oxide

EDIT: They don't load on startup, you would need f.e. Autocommands, and then either 'weather /off' or all variables set with 0(zero).

f.e.: 'weather.fog 0'

weather.clouds( void ) no description
    weather.fog( void ) no description
    weather.wind( void ) no description
    weather.rain( void ) no description
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459826275][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I got the same response on console. The given arguments are in any way not allowed!?
    But i'm to new to Oxide to solve this alone^^.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  20. The proper command is /weather max on.

There are clear instructions on the description page.