1. Hey all. Tell me please how I can open the editor oxide.groups.data file and view groups of participants

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's not meant to be manually edited. You can view/edit permissions and groups using the Oxide console commands.

3. How can i see the entire list of participants? it takes only a fraction of all
    I'm using /show group vip
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455924924][/DOUBLEPOST]sreenshot

Attached Files:

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should be able to scroll, but ideally we'd need to add a better way to view it.

5. arrows in the game do not work to scroll

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They were working last I tested, but still not ideal either way.

7. I need the left mouse button to click on them to scroll?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455925520][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Wulf?

8. Wulf maybe possible to make a group config? It would really streamline the group editing process. It's a lot more time consuming to do it in-game

Off topic
    Also how would I post my server in the oxide server list?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We moved about from manual configs as people corrupted them too often, so it's unlikely that we'd go back to them.

Currently there is no way to list new servers.

10. Thanks for the update Wulf :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456262282,1456254841][/DOUBLEPOST]If I update lets say the group player. does Moderator and Admin get that permission or do I have to add it for every group?

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you have moderator and admin setup to inherit from player (make player the parent), they will, otherwise you'd need to add them manually.

12. sorry to revive an old topic but is there a way to output the show group command to txt? I have a lengthly list of vip users that need removed from the group and it seems the only way to do it is time consuming.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It outputs to the console and log when you use the command.

14. you guys can't mean that i have to set and add all the permissions in the console to every single group i have? i mean REALLY? that would take me years of work. would be so much better if we could just free edit the "oxide.group" file and add the permissions in there. i dont see the big problem in that.

15. Its a little bit extra work but once setup its easy. The way I do it is I use Rusty I use the automated command section. I set up all my permissions there and then just simply run the command. works like A charm