1. Hi, im new to server hosting and I am working on a prison roleplay (yeah). i was just wondering how I can give myself certain unapproved workshop skins to use in game. I know it can be done, as in TeamBattlfiend, you can replace the skin id with one from the workshop, im just trying to find a way or plugin that lets me create kits with skins to designate between prisoner and player. Thanks!

2. Such topics are'nt discussed on this forums.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We actually were discussing use of workshop skins that are not paid (unapproved), but it's hard to draw a line there.

4. I have been looking for a way to link the Skin ID to the player Steam ID.
    Maybe then it could allow only the creator of the skin to use that skin in a plugin of sorts :)

And not piss anyone off who is trying to sell a awesome skin they created themselves just to get ripped off by a plugin. :(

5. I believe you can go into the kits data file and change the skinID to match that of your desired skin.
    The ID can be found in the workshop URL. (The link will contain id=xxxxxxxx)
    Best of luck, you can make some pretty cool stuff.
    Gyazo - 2cecdc3d12cc5ac8aa5fd1635fa06ae4.gif

6. Yeah, I did the skins data config editing. Thank you guys for the support!

7. There was another thread on here that has screenshots of workshop skins(even the ability to set skins for any body part, say ak to chest, etc...) I can't find it now perhaps Wulf deleted, anyway IMHO this should be considered because you have people selling commercial plugins that do this, saw one for $15 and that's pretty silly.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No recent threads have been removed regarding skins, but discussion of methods to access paid skins via direct selection isn't something allowed here. Workshop skins that aren't paid are another thing, which we've discussed allowing here.